About Banner Boswell Medical Center
Since 1970, Banner Boswell Medical Center has provided exceptional care to the people in the northwest area of metropolitan Phoenix, Ariz. Today, our 430-bed acute-care hospital is committed to innovation and community-focused caring. We are nationally recognized by U.S. News and World Report as one of Phoenix’s Best Hospitals and named one of the nation’s 100 Top Hospitals by Thomson Reuters, the only hospital in Arizona to receive the 2012 honor. Banner Boswell is also one of only twelve 100 Top Hospitals Everest Award winners. To receive the Everest Award, a hospital must be ranked among the top 100 and have delivered the greatest rate of improvement over five years. We earned the Gold Seal of Approval™ from The Joint Commission for Primary Stroke Centers, and we’re also in the nation’s top five percent for preventing mortality and complications. Boswell offers a full range of acute care services, including cardiology, oncology, orthopedics, neurology, surgery, rehabilitation, emergency, stroke, intensive care, pulmonary, urology, wound management and sleep disorders.
About Banner Health
At Banner Health, we’re all about options and opportunities. With 23 hospitals in seven western states, we’re one of the nation’s most respected and awarded health systems. We were named one of the Top 15 Health Systems in the nation by Thomson Reuters and selected as one of the Top Leadership Teams in Healthcare by Health Leaders Media. We’ve achieved this level of success by providing compassionate, ambitious health care professionals with an innovative work place and exceptional professional growth potential. We encouraged you to read more information about Banner Health and recommend the following options:
- Why Banner Health?
- Banner Health Benefits
- Banner Health Careers
This position determines quantities and produces required food items based on information obtained from production sheets, catering requests, prep sheets and any other approved source.
- Prepares and portions all cold food items in accordance with standardized recipes as indicated on production forecast and tally sheets.
- Maintains par levels of food and supplies, orders and/or restocks items in accordance with established routines, rotates food stocks, checks freshness dates. Records over production and run outs.
- Checks and logs food and equipment temperatures and reports any problems to the supervisor.
- Keeps and maintains assigned work areas clean and in an orderly manner.
- May assist in setting up prep carts and serve meals on patient tray line. Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers of Banner Health with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
This position requires the ability to learn and follow established policy and procedures, read and understand written and verbal instruction, communicate effectively and to perform simple math calculations. Must be able to perform tasks within limited time frames and follow cleaning schedules, use chemicals safely, follow food handling procedures correctly, read thermometers and follow safety requirements. Must be able to learn food handling regulations and pass certification tests as required. All onsite food service equipment including stoves, ovens, steam-jacketed kettles, steam table, grill, fryer, slicer, beverage brewing and dispensing equipment, soft serve machine, food carts, dish racks, cleaning equipment and hazardous chemicals used in cleaning and sanitation.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.