Job descriptions are intended to present a general list of tasks/duties performed by employees within this job classification. Job Descriptions are not intended to reflect all duties performed within the job.
Assist and participate in meal service activities and operations within assigned Department; implement program goals and objectives and perform a variety of technical tasks in support of assigned area of responsibility.
Minimum Education, Experience And Additional Requirements:
Related education may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
High school diploma or GED, plus three (3) years experience in food preparation.
Possession of a New Mexico Driver’s License (Class D), or the ability to obtain by date of hire.
Possession of a City Operator’s Permit (COP) within six months of hire date. Possession of a C.P.R. Certificate within six (6) months from date of hire.
Possession of a First Aid Certificate within six (6) months from date of hire.
- Operations, services and activities of a meal-service program
- Principles and practices of food preparation and meal distribution
- Principles and procedures of sanitation and sterilization
- Principles and procedures of first aid and C.P.R.
- Occupational hazards and standard safety practices
- Pertinent Federal, State and local laws, codes and regulations
Preferred Skills & Abilities:
- Participate in the preparation and distribution of hot meals
- Develop and maintain a current knowledge of safety awareness and RDA requirements
- Interpret and follow recipes for food preparation
- Interpret and explain City meal-service qualifications, policies and procedures
- Perform as the functional lead over kitchen staff in order to efficiently accomplish daily meal preparation
- Respond to requests and inquiries from the general public
- Communicate clearly and concisely
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work including a variety of City and other government officials, community groups, and the general public
- Perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation