Reports to the supervisor, food services. Responsible for the preparation and cooking of food for center in compliance with government and management directives.
1. Provide adequate supply of foods and transfer necessary ingredients to cooking area.
2. Assist in the preparation of foods and weigh, measure and mix ingredients as directed.
3. Prepare vegetables, salads, meats, breads and desserts as instructed.
4. Provide direct supervision and serve as work place mentor to students assigned to center support and/or on-center work based learning.
5. Perform clean-up and sanitation duties in the food preparation areas to ensure adequate health standards at all times; assist in serving, washing dishes/utensils; store in orderly fashion.
6. Keep serving counters stocked with salads, desserts and other foods.
7. Replenish napkin dispensers, plate racks, silverware racks, salt and pepper shakers, condiments, etc.
8. Prepare and cook meals according to menu when scheduled.
9. Promote career preparation, career development, and career transition with students on a daily basis and help them with setting career goals.
10. Participate in student employability programs and activities.
11. Promote and promote center zero tolerance policies.
12. Promote the development of Career Success Standards by modeling appropriate behaviors, mentoring students where necessary and monitoring both positive and negative behaviors through interventions.
13. Maintain accountability of students and property, adhere to safety practices.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management
Education and Experience Requirements:
High school diploma or equivalent and schooling or training in food preparation. Aptitude for kitchen-type duties. Valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record.
EEO M/F V/D
If you are interested and qualified, your resume must be submitted to Human Resources by using the on-line website http://www.mtcjobs.com . Any questions please contact the centers Human Resources Manager @ 265-2378.
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) prepares prison inmates for re-entry into society. It provides a variety of academic,...