Mandarin Oriental Hotel, Las Vegas is a sophisticated luxury hotel and residences prominently located at the entrance of CityCenter, a magnificent urban resort destination at the heart of the Las Vegas Strip. Awarded the esteemed AAA Five Diamond Award rating and the coveted Forbes Five-Star award for our Hotel, Spa and Twist by Pierre Gagnaire, we offer fine-dining, a relaxing Spa, spectacular accommodations and legendary service of the world-renowned hotel group.
Duties & Supporting Responsibilities:
Required Skills & Experience:
- Ensure all products are rotating on a first-in, first-out philosophy.
- Ensure all requisitions are processed properly and placed in designated area.
- Maintain a solid knowledge of all food products and is able to skillfully apply culinary techniques.
- Identify and safely use all kitchen equipment.
- Regularly restock all kitchen supplies and food items required for service.
- Properly label and date all products to ensure safekeeping and sanitation.
- Apply basic knife skills required for service.
- Read, measure and execute recipes.
- Maintain a solid menu knowledge and attention to detail with plate presentation.
- Versatile in preparing both hot and cold items.
- Exhibits a solid knowledge, understanding and application of various cooking techniques.
- Assist Master Cook and Cook 2 as needed in execution of service.
- Maintain a solid knowledge, understanding and preparation of base sauces, stocks and soups.
- Effectively communicate with management, chefs and service staff in order to fulfill and address any issues or needs requested by guests and or other employees.
- Performs other job related duties as requested.
- Minimum of 1 year in the culinary department of a luxury hotel or restaurant and / or a culinary degree.
- Basic to good knowledge of Gastronomy including some Asian Cuisine
- Able to handle service and stay organized in a busy restaurant
- Able to work a busy station
- Able to follow recipes
- Quick learner who wants to experience all the stations and cuisines.
- Able to work within the guidelines of the Companies Fire, Life and Safety Program and transfer the knowledge to Colleagues.
- Quality driven with a passion for excellence.
- Approachable, open-minded and fair
Each of the items listed is considered an essential function of the position. However, the duties, responsibilities and requirements presented in this job description are intended to be broad based and high level and should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all roles or responsibilities for the position. The Company reserves the right to alter the duties and responsibilities of the position.
- Advanced HACCP certification or equivalent
- Additional languages
- Working knowledge of computers and basic software
- Knowledge of other cuisines is a plus