Plan, prep, set up and provide quality service in all areas of food production for menu items and specials in the designated outlets in accordance with standards and plating guide specifications. Maintain organization, cleanliness and sanitation of work areas and equipment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
o Set up work station with required tools, equipment and supplies.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended.
- Anticipate guests needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
- Maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas.
- Maintain and strictly abide by State sanitation/Health regulations and Hotel requirements.
- Meet with Head Cook/Sous Chef to review assignments, anticipated business levels, changes and other information pertinent to the job performance.
- Opening Shift - Turn on specified equipment (i.e., ovens, deep fryers), fill steam table and unlock secured areas (i.e., reach-ins, walk-ins); secure keys.
- Complete opening duties:
o Inspect the cleanliness and working condition of all tools, equipment and supplies.
o Check production schedule and pars.
o Establish priority items for the day.
o Inform the Head Cook of any supplies that need to be requisitioned for the day's tasks.
o Transport supplies from the Storeroom and stock in designated areas.
o Return all food items to the proper storage areas.
- Start prep work on items needed for the particular menu of the day.
- Organize all of the various prep items needed from different areas to ensure that all items are in place and ready for service.
- Continue prep work after the meal period for the next meal service.
- Check P.O.S. printer at the work station; ensure that it is in working order and there is enough paper available for the shift.
- Prepare all menu items following recipes and yield guide.
- Inform the Sous Chef of any shortages before the item runs out.
- Communicate any assistance needed during busy periods to the Sous Chef to ensure optimum service to guests.
- Inform Head Cook of any excess items that can be used in daily specials or elsewhere.
- Maintain proper storage procedures as specified by Health Department and Hotel requirements.
- Minimize waste and maintain controls to attain forecasted food cost.
- Disinfect and sanitize cutting boards and worktables.
- Transport empty, dirty pots and pans to the pot wash station.
- Direct and assist Stewards in order to make clean-up a more efficient process.
- Breakdown work station and complete closing duties:
o Rotate all returned product.
o Wrap, cover, label and date all items being put away.
o Straighten up and organize all storage areas.
o Clean up and wipe down food prep areas, reach-ins/walk-ins, shelves.
o Return all unused and clean utensils/equipment to the specified locations.
o Ice down hot items from the steam table, so they cool quickly.
o Turn off all equipment not needed for the next shift.
o Restock items that were depleted during the shift.
- Review status of work and follow-up actions required with the Head Cook before leaving.