Education: High school diploma or equivalent vocational training certificate required. Culinary school preferred. Experience: One to two years supervisory experience in similar operation. Advanced knife skills. Computer Skill & Other Technical Skills: Ability to utilize computer software and hardware as required. Ability to learn, utilize and communicate effectively via company issued communication devices (e.g. Resort Radios, etc). Communication: Advanced ability to comprehend and speak English to understand and respond to information and address advanced guest requests required both verbally and in writing. Knowledge of additional language(s) preferred. Licenses or Certifications: n/a Other: Must be customer-service oriented and have excellent hospitality skills.
Plan, prep, set up and provide quality service in all areas of food production for menu items and specials in the designated outlets in accordance with standards and plating guide specifications. Direct, train and monitor performance of Line Cooks. Maintain organization, cleanliness and sanitation of work areas and equipment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
o Set up work station with required miss en place, tools, equipment and supplies.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas.
- Maintain and strictly abide by State sanitation/Health regulations and Hotel requirements.
- Meet with Sous Chef/Executive Chef to review assignments, anticipated business levels, changes and other information pertinent to the job performance.
- Ensure that assigned staff has reported to work; document any late or absent employees.
- Coordinate breaks for assigned staff.
- Prepare and assign production and prep work for Line Cooks to complete; review priorities.
- Communicate additions or changes to the assignments as they arise throughout the shift.
- Ensure that opening shift completes startup of Kitchen line and designated prep work.
- Complete opening duties:
o Inspect the cleanliness and working condition of all tools, equipment and supplies.
o Check production schedule and pars.
o Establish priority items for the day.
o Inform the Sous Chef of any supplies that need to be requisitioned for the day's tasks.
o Transport supplies from the Storeroom and stock in designated areas.
o Return all food items to the proper storage areas.
- Fabricate meat, fish and fowl for menu items.
- Start prep work on items needed for the particular menu of the day and direct Line Cooks on same throughout the shift.
- Check P.O.S. printers on the line; ensure they are in working order and there is enough paper available for the shift.
- Prepare all menu items following recipes and yield guides.
- Inform the Sous Chef of any shortages before the item runs out.
- Assist Line Cooks wherever required to ensure optimum service to guests.
- Communicate any assistance needed during busy periods to the Sous Chef to ensure optimum service to guests.
- Inform Sous Chef of any excess items that can be used in daily specials or elsewhere.
- Maintain production charts.
- Maintain proper storage procedures as specified by Health Department and Hotel requirements.
- Minimize waste and maintain controls to attain forecasted food cost.
- Disinfect and sanitize cutting boards and worktables.
- Transport empty, dirty pots and pans to the pot wash station.
- Direct and assist Stewards in order to make clean-up a more efficient process.
- Breakdown work station and complete closing duties:
o Rotate all returned product.
o Wrap, cover, label and date all items being put away.
o Straighten up and organize all storage areas.
o Clean up and wipe down food prep areas, reach-ins/walk-ins, shelves.
o Return all unused and clean utensils/equipment to the specified locations.
o Ice down hot items from the steam table, so they cool quickly.
o Turn off all equipment not needed for the next shift.
o Restock items that were depleted during the shift.
- Ensure all Line Cooks' assignments are completed before they sign out.
- Review status of work and follow-up actions required with the Sous Chef before leaving.
Hcareers.com - 23 months ago