Job Number: 41586a
Brookdale Senior Living Inc. (BSL) a publicly traded company (NYSE: BKD)
Want to become a member of our professional team and work for the largest senior living provider in the United States?
Consider joining our team at the Carolina House of Lexington, located in Lexington, NC!!
One Company - One Mission - One Voice. Good people make the difference and are the key to the company’s success. Brookdale Senior Living operates 565 locations in 35 states and employs approximately 27,500 full and part time associates and serves nearly 52,000 residents. BSL offers its residents access to a full continuum of services - independent living, assisted living, retirement centers/continuing care retirement communities (CCRC) and management services.
Immediate Opening: Cooks
Type: Full Time and Part Time
Location: Carolina House of Lexington- 161 Young Drive, Lexington, NC, 27292
Contact: Kathi Vestal
We are looking for two experienced cooks with excellent communication skills to enhance the lives of our elderly residents. The Cook performs multi-functional culinary duties related to food preparation including set-up, service and clean up.
Other responsibilities include:
We seek the following qualifications:
- Prepare food daily as outlined on the Food Production Worksheet
- Maintain kitchen sanitation and safety standards.
- Assist with set-up, service and clean-up of food production
- Ensure proper sanitation and storage of kitchen equipment
- Assist with safety and training procedures in handling of food service equipment
- Ensure compliance with state local and regulatory agencies as it relates to Food Service
- Other duties as assigned by supervisors
HOW TO APPLY: Please e-mail your resume to Kathi Vestal at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ability to professionally represent Brookdale Senior Living
- Food Service Certification by the City or ability to obtain certification
- Previous Cook or Dietary experience required
- Must possess effective listening skills and the ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to work independently as well as work as part of team
- Ability to work early morning or evening shifts, as well as days, weekends and holidays
- Understanding of working with older population
- Available anytime (days, weekends, holidays)
- Have Therapeutic Diet knowledge
Keywords: beverage, cook, food, food prep, culinary, food preparation, kitchen, meal preparation, restaurant, Lexington, NC
Over the brook, and through the dale to grandmother's house we go! Brookdale Senior Living operates assisted and independent living...