Pay Rate: $8.50 – $11.00
This is a full-time, hourly position, which requires a strong level of commitment and conscientiousness to successfully fulfill the daily job functions and long term goals. This position has elevated duties and responsibilities from Dishwasher.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to follow production recipes as written.
- Adhere to and complete all appropriate prep assignments.
- Ability to accept constructive criticism, as well as to provide constructive criticism when necessary, and take responsibility for work and actions.
- Identify production problems to Kitchen Supervisor or Chef Manager.
- Skill in operating and training of standard kitchen equipment: rack ovens, tilt skillets, meat slicers, rice cookers, stock pot burners, etc.
- Basic prep skills including but not limited to: Knife skills, working clean, proper food handling, FIFO etc.
- Maintain a highly sanitary, clean and organized work environment.
- Ability to follow directions and ask questions.
- Ability to work quickly and move from task to task without disruption .
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to stay calm under pressure, problem solve when issues arise, and advise Kitchen Supervisor as necessary.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds safely, on a regular basis.
- Ability to safely move oven racks, which weigh upwards of 250 lbs.
Essential Job Functions
- Maintain appropriate production schedules.
- Ensure efficient quality production of all food.
- Tasting and Quality Control all food during and after production.
- Maintaining proper pack out procedures to ensure accurate deliveries daily.
- Motivated to advance own skills through continual training and development of all staff members.
- Ensure good habits of grooming and personal hygiene. Clothing should always be neat and consistent with the company dress code.
Kitchen Supervisor - Direct reporting responsibility. Communicates any problems, potential problems, needs, questions and suggestions pertaining to personnel, production schedules and equipment maintenance. Poses questions to, takes direction from, and implements changes as directed in procedures or schedules. Communicates questions and/or problems related to quality control, customer orders, and impact production problems may have on production schedules.
Chef Manager - Communicates questions and/or problems related to customer orders, distribution and production requirements.
Director of Operations – Communicates questions and/or problems related to quality control, customer orders, and impact production problems may have on production schedules.