ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Maintain and strictly abide by State sanitation/Health regulations and Hotel requirements.
2. Meet with Head Cook/Sous Chef to review assignments, anticipated business levels, changes and other information pertinent to the job performance.
3. Complete opening duties:
a) Set up work station with required mis en place, tools, equipment and supplies.
b) Inspect the cleanliness and working condition of all tools, equipment and supplies.
c) Check production schedule and pars.
d) Establish priority items for the day.
e) Inform the Head Cook of any supplies that need to be requisitioned for the day's tasks.
f) Transport supplies from the Storeroom and stock in designated areas.
4. Start prep work on items needed for the particular menu of the day.
5. Organize all of the various prep items needed from different areas to ensure that all items are in place and ready for service.
6. Inform the Sous Chef of any shortages before the item runs out.
7. Inform F&B service staff of 86'd items and amount of available menu specials throughout the meal period.
8. Communicate any assistance needed during busy periods to the Sous Chef to ensure optimum service to guests.
9. Maintain proper storage procedures as specified by Health Department and Hotel requirements.
10. Closing Duties:
a) Return all food items to the proper storage areas.
b) Wrap, cover, label and date all items being put away.
c) Straighten up and organize all storage areas.
d) Clean up and wipe down food prep areas, reach-ins/walk-ins, shelves.
e) Return all unused and clean utensils/equipment to the specified locations.
f) Turn off all equipment not needed for the next shift.
1. Must have good understanding of the English Language.
2. Compute basic arithmetic.
3. Comprehend and follow recipes and cooking techniques.
4. Ability to:
perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy.
prioritize and organize.
follow directions thoroughly.
work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team.
work with minimal supervision.
1. High school graduate or equivalent vocational training certificate.
2. Certification of Culinary training or apprenticeship.
3. Knowledge of food preparation and handling.
Crestline Hotels & Resorts - 21 months ago