Founded in 1963, Dante’s Restaurants is one of the most unique multi-concept restaurant companies in the State College, Pennsylvania area. Since our founding, we have grown our establishments to include Hi-Way Pizza, The Deli Restaurant and Z Bar, Mario’s Italian Restaurant, Inferno Brick Oven & Bar, bar bleu, The Saloon and The Hopshop Beer Market. At each of our establishments, we want the experience of dining out to be more than just eating. The mood, music, lighting, seating — when paired with fresh, local and homemade cuisine, dining out at a Dante’s Restaurant becomes entertainment for all. We hire only the best and the brightest people with a blend of skills, experiences and passion to take our restaurants to new heights and create the dining experience our guests come to expect.
We are presently hiring Cooks for our bar bleu location. The successful candidate will be responsible for accurately and efficiently preparing and cooking a variety of meats, fish, vegetables, soups and other food products. Our kitchen utilizes broilers, ovens, grills, fryers and a variety of other kitchen equipment. Our cooks frequently rotate workstations to maximize efficiency. We expect that our cooks will maintain vigilant compliance with quality standards and kitchen rules to include maintenance of clean and sanitary work areas including tables, shelves, floors, walls, containers, and equipment.
With almost 50 years in the hospitality industry, our success can be attributed to a commitment to the basics—great food and great service. Running restaurants well, with an attention to detail combined with creative concepts has enabled Dante’s to continue to grow. And as Andy our founder, would say “And a lot of hard work.”
- Ability to consistently read and follow a recipe unsupervised
- Assumes 100% responsibility for quality of products prepared
- Handle, store, label, and rotate all products properly in accordance with proper kitchen and health code regulations
- Follows and completes a daily prep list
- Maintain sufficient levels of product at all times
- Must be able to reach, bend, stoop, and frequently lift up to 50 pounds
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 9 hours)
- Must be able to work in a dynamic and fast paced environment
- Clear communication skills are key in this role, as well as ability to adapt/react quickly as needed
Come join the Dante’s team today!
Dante's Restaurants, Inc.
- 2 years ago - save job