- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand basic English in order to communicate with other hotel associates, read menus, specifications, orders, etc.
- Must be able to stand and exert well paced mobility for periods up to four (4) hours in length. Must have the ability to frequently lift pots, pans, etc., up to 40 pounds in weight. Must have finger/hand dexterity to use small tools adeptly. Subject to exposure to wet floors and temperature extremes.
- Must have a high degree of willingness to learn cooking functions and an aptitude for on-the-job skills training.
- Knowledge of the proper and safe use of basic kitchen equipment.
The DoubleTree hotel by Hilton is in search of a cook immediately for our Shade Bar and Grill located in Windsor Locks Connecticut.
- Previous cooking experience in a similar style kitchen and restaurant is preferred.
Basic Function: To prepare menu items quickly and precisely, in accordance with established specifications.
- Checks food line to ensure that all required items are stocked with backups in their proper locations. Continuously restocks items as needed.
- Performs all methods of cookery and portion control and garnishes all dishes in accordance with specifications and standards set by AFP Management and/or the appropriate hotel affiliation.
- Maintains high standards of sanitation at all times and maintains the cleanliness of all cooking equipment used during shift. Completes all cleaning functions as directed by kitchen cleaning schedule and/or supervisor.
- Properly uses all kitchen equipment and ensures the proper and safe use of all cleaning chemicals. Promptly notifies supervisor of all potential safety hazards in accordance with local Board of Health requirements.
- Responsible for ensuring that all product is properly stored, equipment shut down, and the kitchen properly secure prior to leaving at the end of the evening shift.
- Must wear appropriate uniform and maintains personal cleanliness.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
- Proper food handling, food preparation, and sanitation techniques.
- Training in the proper and safe use of all appropriate kitchen equipment.
- Training in providing quality guest service.
- Must complete all brand required training in the prescribed time frame.
Hcareers.com - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard