Prepare all food items as required by menus and recipes supplied, observing all standards of quality assurance, sanitation and safety. Additionally, assist in the cleanup and storage of food and food related items in the kitchen.
• Review menu and check with senior cook or production sheet for possible substitutions or preparation needed.
• Cook as required any soups, meat, or alternate entree items, vegetables, desserts or other items.
• Set up pass-through windows as necessary.
• Prepare any dessert or bread needed for the next day as required by senior cook.
• Put away and date any leftover food as necessary to assure health and safety standards are met.
• Wash cooking utensils including pots and pans as necessary.
• "Clean as you go" to prevent accidents and for a tidy appearance. Clean up after each operation before starting another procedure. Keep work areas clean.
High school diploma or equivalent preferred. Must be able to read and use math at a level sufficient to prepare food from recipes/instructions. ServSafe certification strongly preferred. Based on state contractual requirements, ability to obtain ServSafe certification may be required as a condition of continued employment. Six months experience in volume cookery with experience in food preparation techniques, as well as sanitation and safety procedures required.
Eckerd is a drug-free workplace and Equal Opportunity Employer. Eckerd utilizes E-verify to confirm employment eligibility.
Eckerd Youth Alternatives - 5 months ago
Eckerd Youth Alternatives (EYA) provides early intervention and prevention, wilderness education, residential and day treatment, and...