Esprit Whispering Ridge seeks a Cook to join its team. Esprit Whispering Ridge consists of 48 assisted living rental apartment homes, as well as 42 additional residences for seniors requiring memory care services and is located in Omaha, Nebraska. Ecumen creates home for older adults wherever they choose to live. Our employees are dedicated to empowering our customers to lead richer, fuller lives and have consistently recognized Ecumen as a “Best Place to Work,” an award by the Minneapolis-St. Paul Business Journal.
The Cook is responsible for food service operation by preparing and serving food accurately as prescribed by special diets and resident’s needs and requests. Specific responsibilities include:
Responsibilities for all Ecumen Positions:
- Prepare, cook and serve meals to residents, families, guests and employees. Properly operate and maintain all equipment in the food preparation area.
- Maintain clean and safe, and efficiently organized work area. Product will be labeled, dated and rotated ensuring an adequate, fresh inventory of food and supplies.
- Assist Dining Manager/Director in menu planning.
- Accurately follow directions and convert recipes for various size groups. Follow through on best product usage, portion control, use of leftovers and follow production guides.
- Partners with department leaders to maintain awareness of facility special events, and activities to ensure adequate product and labor are available. Review production sheets and recipes and check menu ensuring food items are available.
- Ensure residents with special diets receive appropriate food. Accommodate resident requests promptly.
- Integrates proper safety and sanitation techniques as part of the work.
- Provide training, education and work direction to dining assistants and other dining services staff to ensure high quality service to residents.
- Other duties as assigned.
1. Acting with Honor and Character
2. Honoring Brand
- Ethics and Values : Engages in open and honest dialogue with others. Treats individuals respectfully, professionally and fairly.
- Integrity and Trust . Shows consistency between words and actions. Protects confidential (and sensitive) information. Effectively handles emotions, including anger and frustration.
3. Creating the new and different
- Personal Alignment : Models commitment to Ecumen's mission, vision, values. Demonstrates an understanding of how their role contributes and adds value to their business unit and Ecumen.
- Drive and Initiative : Sets high standards for his or her performance. Accepts responsibility for taking initial action.
- Creativity : Is willing to challenge the status quo. Encourages others to try new methods and approaches. Supports his/her team, even when the initial efforts are unsuccessful.
- Customer and Team Focus : Establishes and maintains effective customer relationships. Demonstrates effective listening skills. Involves others in shaping plans and making decisions that affect them. Uses customer perspective, feedback and data for decision making and improvements in service delivery. Reliably and consistently demonstrates timely follow through and responsiveness to customer needs and requests. Champions initiatives that drive increased customer satisfaction.
This position requires a person who has a High School diploma or a GED along with a ServeSafe certification. Previous food service experience of one to three years in a health care facility is required. All Ecumen employees must possess the ability to communicate effectively, including written and verbal skills; work well, both individually and as part of a team, through respect, collaboration and dedication; and successfully interact with a diverse culture base. The successful candidate must be able to prioritize and organize work effectively and efficiently, and demonstrate a positive attitude, high integrity and ethical awareness.
EOE/AA. Drug Free Workplace.
What We Do:
Ecumen operates a variety of senior housing options and services from independent living communities to assisted living and...