Position Summary :|
Reports to the supervisor, food services. Responsible for the preparation of all center meals in accordance with pre-planned menus.
1. Prepare and cook quantity of food required according to menu and number of students.
2. Assist in instructing cook helpers in the safe, hygienic method of preparing and serving appetizing, appealing meals.
3. Maintain kitchen equipment in orderly workable condition; ensure work area is safe, clean and sanitary at all times.
4. Prepare foods as directed for special center functions and visitors.
5. Assist in cleaning kitchen work areas following each meal.
6. Supervise students assigned to assist in the cafeteria.
7. Responsible for stockroom commodities and for recommending replenishment items.
8. Provide positive, quality customer services to students, staff and other center customers.
9. Participate in student employability programs and activities.
10. Support and promote center zero tolerance policies.
11. Promote the development of Career Success Standards by modeling appropriate behaviors, mentoring students here necessary and monitoring both positive and negative behavior through interventions.
12. Maintain accountability of students and property; adhere to safety practices.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
Education and Experience Requirements :
High school diploma or general equivalency diploma (GED) and one year related experience. Valid food handler’s permit if required by the state of employment. Experience working with youth. Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
Management & Training Corporation - 21 months ago
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) prepares prison inmates for re-entry into society. It provides a variety of academic,...