Prepare food items according to recipes and standards, taking pride in the excellence and quality of cuisine, while maintaining a safe and sanitary work environment.
Potential Career Path
Lead Cook – Sous Chef – Executive Chef – Food and Beverage Director
Essential Job Functions
- Follow recipes to prepare food items accordingly.
- Wash, peel, and cut fruits and vegetables; cut, trim, or clean meat.
- Prepare appetizers, salads, or cold dishes.
- Bake, roast, broil, and steam meats, fish, vegetables, and other foods.
- Bake breads, rolls, or other baked goods.
- Portion, arrange, and garnish food for pick up by server or deliver to guests.
- Maintain clean and sanitized work areas such as cutting boards, counters and work spaces.
- Secure and store food items properly.
- Be aware of guest satisfaction scores and work toward increasing departmental and overall guest satisfaction.
- Follow safe food handling procedures.
- Follow guidelines related to sustainability practices related to HHM’s EarthView program.
- Practice safe work habits and wear protective safety equipment.
- Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
Work Environment and Context
- High School diploma preferred.
- Previous culinary experience or equivalent training required.
- Department of Health Sanitation certificate may be required.
Hersha Hospitality Management (HHM) is an industry-leading and growing hotel management, investment, and development firm that provides turn-key management solutions to hotels across the United States. HHM manages world class brands in the select service and full service markets as well as a collection of independent, boutique hotels in key markets.
- Work schedule varies and may include working on holidays, weekends and alternate shifts.
- Requires standing for extended periods, walking, pushing, lifting up to 50 pounds, bending and reaching.
Hersha Hospitality Management - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard