Volunteers of America Texas is a faith based, non-profit organization dedicated to helping individuals, families and communities reach their full spiritual, emotional and physical potential and wellbeing through a vast array of services that target the elderly, the intellectually disabled, those striving to overcome substance abuse, and those transitioning from correctional centers.
A residential (24/7) client-centered program focusing on individual needs regarding substance abuse. Programs include both residential and outpatient treatment for alcohol and drug addictions and education programs to help prevent substance abuse.
Minimum Pay 8.50
This is a16-hour part-time position working Saturday-Sunday 9:00am-6:00pm
- The Cook I is responsible for the preparation of daily meals, cleaning of the work stations, and keeping the kitchen and pantry in an orderly condition.
- Prepare menu items according to the published menu guide.
- Maintain a neat and clean work area at all times.
- Ensure that dining room and service line are cleaned after each meal.
- Ensure that all food and non-food items are stored correctly at all times.
- High school diploma or equivalent plus six months experience in institutional or cafeteria services OR two years directly related, transferable experience with a verifiable work history.
- Food Handlers certificate or the ability to obtain certification is required within a specified time frame.
- This position requires a reasonable level of knowledge in the following skills and abilities: food preparation, menu apportionment and health/safety standards, as they apply to commercial kitchen. Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment.
- Must pass drug screen and extensive background check.
Volunteers of America - Texas offers a comprehensive Benefits Plan: Health, Dental, Vision, Long & Short Term Disability, Employee Assistance Program, and Paid Time Off (PTO).
Make a living by making a difference. Apply online today!
Volunteers of America Texas - 20 months ago