As a Prepared Foods Production Team Member you will perform all functions relating to the maintenance and proper food preparation of the cold case, fresh
pack, and salad bar. Additionally you will maintain attractive Prepared Foods displays and support the regional Prepared Foods vision. You will ensure a
positive company image by providing courteous, friendly, and efficient service to customers and team members.
- Ensure that food quality, quantity, freshness, and presentation meet all Regional standards.
- Assist with production for all Prepared Foods venues.
- Ensure all prepared items are labeled, dated, initialed, covered, and rotated.
- Document waste and spoilage using appropriate forms, and meet all spoilage targets.
- Ensure that production is done using correct measuring devices, and all recipes are accurately followed
- Monitor food loss and maintain spoilage sheets.
- Fulfills hot food request in a timely manner.
- Effectively maintains full levels in hot case and soup production.
- Keep department continually clean, well-maintained and organized
- Follow and comply with established procedures, including Weights and Measures, health and sanitation, and adhere to safe work practices.
- Operate and sanitize all equipment in a safe and proper manner.
- Give every customer immediate and undivided attention. Surprise and delight the customers with consistent, delicious food.
- This job posting is intended to describe the general requirements for the performance of this job. It is not a complete statement of duties,
responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned by leadership.
- Previous kitchen experience focusing on hotel/banquet and/or catering a plus, able to execute large batch production recipes
-Excellent understanding of quality, scratch food production and fundamental cooking techniques
- Excellent communication skills and willingness to work as part of a team; ability to communicate effectively with customers and team members.
- Ability to work with a sense of urgency and meet timelines
- Ability to follow instructions and procedures.
- Ability to learn basic knowledge of all products carried in the department.
- Understand and communicate quality goals and ingredient information to customers.
- Ability to visually examine products for quality and freshness.
- Effective time management skills.
- Strong work ethic and integrity.
- Proper handling of knives and other cutting equipment.
- Available for flexible scheduling to meet the needs of the department.
Essential Job Functions:
- Stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Bend and stoop to grasp objects and climb ladders. Bend and twist neck and waist, reach above and below shoulders and squat.
- Bend and lift loads, not to exceed 50 pounds. Push and pull carts weighing up to 100 pounds.
- Repetitive use of hands for grasping, pushing, pulling, and fine manipulation.
- Environmental exposure to extreme temperatures (coolers, ovens, freezer, outdoors, etc.)
At Whole Foods Market, we empower our Team Members to make their own decisions, thus creating an environment where people are treated with respect and are highly motivated to excel. We mentor Team Members through education and on-the-job experience. As a result, we are able to fill a majority of leadership roles from our existing Team Member base. We also recognize that there are individuals with talent outside of Whole Foods Market, and have training programs to bring those new leaders into the company.
Our Team Members represent over 50 different nations. We are people from diverse backgrounds and perspectives, yet all work together to meet the needs of our customers.
We offer great benefits beginning with a full complement of medical and other traditional group health plan coverage, 401k plan, and a 20% discount at our stores. To learn more, apply your passion today.
Whole Foods Market - 13 months ago
copy to clipboard
•Austin, Texas-based Whole Foods Market (NASDAQ: WFM) is the leading natural and organic food retailer, and one of the most vibrant...