As a Cook you will perform all functions relating to proper food preparation for the hot case, cold case, fresh pack, salad bar, and other areas as directed. Your role may include producing food, packing foods, sanitation and cleaning, or any of the varied responsibilities and activities that take place in this fast paced production environment. You will help to support the Prepared Foods vision of serving the finest quality foods to all of our customers.
- Prepare foods according to recipes and perform prep work as assigned in a timely manner.
- Ensure all prepared items are labeled, dated, initialed, covered, and rotated.
- Ensure that food quality, quantity, freshness, and presentation meet all Regional standards.
- Operate and sanitize all equipment in a safe and proper manner.
- Document waste and spoilage using appropriate forms, and meet all spoilage targets.
- Ensure that walk-ins, freezers, and all food prep areas are kept clean and organized.
- Follow and comply with established procedures, including Weights and Measures, health and sanitation, and adhere to safe work practices.
- This job posting is intended to describe the general requirements for the performance of this job. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned by leadership.
- Culinary or cook like experience in a professional production kitchen.
- Ability to follow instructions and procedures.
- Good interpersonal skills and willingness to work as part of a team.
- Proper handling of knives and other cutting equipment.
- Knowledge of recipes, production methods, and operation of kitchen equipment.
- Strong work ethic and integrity.
- Available for flexible scheduling to meet the needs of the department.
- Use of box cutters.
Essential Job Functions:
- Stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Bend and stoop to grasp objects and climb ladders. Bend and twist neck and waist, reach above and below shoulders and squat.
- Bend and lift loads, not to exceed 50 pounds. Push and pull carts weighing up to 100 pounds.
- Repetitive use of hands for grasping, pushing, pulling, and fine manipulation.
- Environmental exposure to extreme temperatures (coolers, ovens, freezer, outdoors, etc.)
At Whole Foods Market, we empower our Team Members to make their own decisions, thus creating an environment where people are treated with respect and are highly motivated to excel. We mentor Team Members through education and on-the-job experience. As a result, we are able to fill a majority of leadership roles from our existing Team Member base. We also recognize that there are individuals with talent outside of Whole Foods Market, and have training programs to bring those new leaders into the company.
Our Team Members represent over 50 different nations. We are people from diverse backgrounds and perspectives, yet all work together to meet the needs of our customers.
We offer great benefits beginning with a full complement of medical and other traditional group health plan coverage, 401k plan, and a 20% discount at our stores. To learn more, apply your passion today.
Whole Foods Market - 13 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Demo Team Member
Whole Foods Market
Whole Foods Market
- 7 days ago
- 23 days ago
Assistant Center Director
West Palm Beach, FL
- 14 days ago
Whole Foods Market owns and operates a chain of natural and organic foods supermarket. As of September 30, 2008, the Company operated 275...