Job Family: Collection
JOB TITLE: Coordinator, Collections
Every day at CareFusion, we work to improve patient care. By combining clinically proven products and services with actionable intelligence, we're helping to solve some of healthcare's most difficult challenges. Join us.
Function: Finance Shared Services
What Collection contributes to CareFusion
Collections is responsible for the collection of customer accounts receivable, credit hold decisions, and the development and negotiation of payment plans
What is expected of you for success in your role
What is expected of you and others at this level in Finance - Shared Services for functional success
- Demonstrates working knowledge of collections practices
- Contacts the customer and business units, gathers pertinent information and resolves the root cause(s) of delinquencies
- Applies basic negotiation techniques while maintaining good customer relations.
- Executes appropriate escalation procedures
Accountabilities in this role
- Ensures that customers have a positive experience; commits to meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Identifies opportunities to improve efficiency while providing flawless transactions, services and products; manages monetary assets and other resources to optimize cost effectiveness.
- Manages day-to-day operational processes; develops and implements procedures in response to changing business needs and program design.
- Measures and evaluates the effectiveness of protocols, programs or deliverables; compares measurement results to standards and takes
- Diagnoses problems related to daily transactional processes; determines possible resolutions and implements effective solutions in a timely
- Monitor and maintain customer accounts, collections activity and payment negotiation
- Make collections calls to inquire on payment for invoices or deductions
- Negotiate and follow up on payment arrangements
- Reconcile customer accounts, respond to inquiries, and research discrepancies
- Interface with sales, operations, cash application and other credit and collections individuals
- Extensive telephone customer contact
High School Diploma (Assoc degree preferred)
Minimum of 2 years business to business collections experience
Solid computer skills, experience with Microsoft office required
Strong attention to detail problem solving skills IND123