Posting Job Title: Coord, Construction
Requisition #: 143526BR
Posting Location: Cleveland Heights, OH, US
Area of Interest: Engineering/Technical Operations
Position Type: Full Time
Posting Job Description
This position is responsible for the supervision of contractors in all phases of the construction of new build plant. This position requires the knowledge of splicing, activation, and troubleshooting all CATV plant. This position also is responsible for securing easements, permits and ROE's when required and must identify and initiate cost estimates on new serviceability requests and make related presentations to owners and other external officials. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
% of time
15% Conduct site surveys, attend meetings, review scope of work and prepare costs estimates for customers, interior and exterior.
15% Review material BOM estimates to actual BOM's and report variances + or - 10%
40% Complete quality assurance checks during and at the completion of each project, ensuring that standards are being adhered to.
5% Prepare materials reqs.
10% Coordinate with property owners on the build plan and estimates.
10% Prepare, maintain and update status of all projects, complete as-builts when projects are completed.
5% Prepare misc permits, pole proposals and joint trench when necessary.
High school diploma or general education diploma (GED)
- Skilled PC skills (MICROSOFT Office)
- 5 years of CATV construction or related technical experience (ability to diagnose basic cable loss)
- Good organizational and analytical skills.
- Organization, self- motivation and detail are essential for this position.
- Associate must be able to communicate well at all levels, internally and externally.
- Must be able to make decisions in a timely manner to affect the most positive outcome.
- Must be dependable and willing to work overtime as needed.
- The ability to supervise the contractor of specified projects/jobs.
- Must possess a valid state driver's license, and comply with Time Warner Cable's vehicle operations policy.
- Ability to read Bentley design maps, moderate math skills, knowledge of NEC and NESC codes.
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS & FREQUENCY:
- Preferred 2 year assoc. degree in electronics or related discipline
COMMUNICATION SKILL LEVEL:
- Frequently within Ohio area
- Rarely out of assigned area/territory
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and/or technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
MATERIALS AND EQUIPMENT USED:
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
FCC Unit_TWC: 6067
- Standard Office Equipment (phone/copier/fax) - Frequently
- Computer/Laptop - Frequently
- Microsoft Outlook, Lotus, Excel and Word - Frequently
- Company Vehicle - Frequently
- Hand Tools/Power Tools - Occasionally
Controlling Establishment ID: 00660 - Cleveland Heights Severence
More on TWC:
Time Warner Cable provides generous benefits. Health care and retirement benefits are significant portions of the total compensation package at TWC, and we invest more in those benefits than most employers. In addition, we offer tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance, competitive paid-time-off programs, work-life resources, and discounted pricing on TWC residential products and services for employees within our footprint. Our hope is that, by providing our employees with rich and flexible benefits, we can help them take care of the people who matter most – at work and at home.
Time Warner Cable is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
Time Warner Cable (TWC) makes coaxial quiver. The company is the #2 US cable company, after Comcast, with operations in 28 states. Its core...