The coordinator, Garden of Dreams Foundation (GDF) position plays a key role on the small, four person staff that is responsible for all facets of the Garden of Dreams Foundation. The position has independent responsibility for a variety of important elements of the Foundation’s day-to-day activities, including serving as one of the Foundation’s central contacts for MSG divisions and external organizations that are part of the Garden of Dreams community, and contributing to the Foundation’s website and social media platforms . This position works with the Director and Manager on all events/programs for all divisions including New York Knicks, New York Rangers, New York Liberty, MSG Network, MSG Entertainment, and Fuse. The position serves as the main contact for select divisions regarding Garden of Dreams programs, meeting independently with divisional community relations staff responsible for community programs, and spearheading the creation of events, community programs and fundraising programs utilizing the division’s brand, players, celebrities, staff and game/event experiences. Independently manages select GDF events on-site at MSG, RCMH and external sites such as a hospitals or community based organizations, including overseeing staff and volunteers that work event, managing facilities personnel, representing GDF and The Madison Square Garden Company with external organizations, troubleshooting any issues, ensuring all aspects of the event run smoothly. This position has responsibility for supporting public relations efforts on behalf of the Foundation, including interfacing with divisional public relations staff to manage and maximize exposure for the Foundation. This position is a central contact on behalf of the Garden of Dreams Foundation for all external organizations, including 22 local children’s hospitals, wish organizations and community based organizations, relating to more than 20,000 ticket opportunities on an annual basis, event and program opportunities and financial compliance.
ideal candidate will have a Bachelor's Degree with a passion for non-profit management and sports/events, in
cluding independent responsibility over events and decision-making. Candidate must be organized, meticulous, self-sufficient individual with a passion for detail and great interpersonal skills. Must have the ability to independently juggle a myriad of projects simultaneously and prioritize quickly. Will have outstanding written and verbal communications skills, including ability to write compelling articles for website publication on a wide variety of topics as well as for social media, and to communicate with 22 external organizations, large groups of peers and special needs children and their advocates. Must be a creative thinker who develops innovative, exciting and newsworthy programs and events for children facing obstacles taking into account their special needs and maximizing the impact of The Madison Square Garden Company assets.
- Three to five years experience with non-profit management and sports/events, including independent responsibility over events and decision-making.
- Organized, meticulous, self-sufficient individual with a passion for detail and great interpersonal skills.
- The ability to independently juggle a myriad of projects simultaneously and prioritize quickly.
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills, including ability to write compelling articles for press kit and website publication on a wide variety of topics and to present in front of diverse groups, including the Board of Directors, 18 external organizations, large groups of peers and special needs children and their advocates.
- Creative thinker who develops innovative, exciting and newsworthy programs and events for children in crisis taking into account their special needs, maximizing the impact of Madison Square Garden assets.
- Bachelor’s Degree
MSG Entertainment - 18 months ago