Basic Function of the Position:
To assist with department responsibilities and projects and provide support to the CES Operations team.
Critical Duties and Responsibilities:
Provide support to CES operations team in managing event in China, including working with project management team in China, venue, vendors and other associated projects;
Maintain overall department calendar, project timelines and future dates;
Manage all department content on CESweb and other online show resources and print publications;
Assist with CES/CEA event registration duties, such as reports, manage Visa letter and pend processes, produce on-site materials;
Provide customer support to for CES exhibitor, registration and hotel phone and email inquiriesAssist with department contracts, including initiation, routing and fulfillment;
Assist with department budget process including initial development and subsequent tracking of estimates and final invoices;
Coordinate on-site document collection and follow up, including exhibitor issues, incident reports, contractors reports, post show stats;
Perform other duties as required by business needs.
Two to three years equivalent work experience or project management experience.
- BA or BS in business, marketing, communications, or other liberal arts field.
- Courses/studies and/or training related to the exposition industry is desirable.
Budget and Staff:
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must possess good customer service skills and be a team player.
- Must be organized, detail-oriented and able to multi-task in a fast-pace environment.
- Must be able to make quick decisions on the spot when needed and have an innate sense of leadership and confidence in one’s judgment and decision-making.
- Must have knowledge of all MS Office applications and Internet
Manage contracts and budget items up to $5,000
- Show travel required for CES and China events.
- Overtime work also involved, primarily in the Fall and Spring.
Consumer Electronics Association - 16 months ago