Statement of Primary Purpose
The incumbent reports to and advises the Director of Occupational Extension Training on the training provided to Certified Nursing Assistants and those working in the allied health field.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Organize and schedule the Nursing Assistant Levels I and II, Medication Aide, Nurse Aide Refresher, and Home Care Aide classes.
- Assure compliance with state rules, regulations and laws pertaining to the classes.
- Interview and hire qualified Adjuncts for the Certified Nursing Assistant program.
- Provide supervision and information regarding regulations for all instructors and instruct classes as needed.
- Accurately maintain program forms and records relative to Nursing Assistant and Medication Aide classes as mandated by the state.
- Visit a required percentage of all off-campus classes and clinical sites.
- Write contracts/changes for part-time instructors.
- Meet with area health care facilities to assess needs and develop classes.
- Monitor classroom and clinical training to ensure on-going quality course and instruction.
- Maintain current affiliation agreements between the college and various clinical facilities.
- Meet with students on a one-to-one basis as needed.
- Conduct Student Orientations
- Purchase and maintain classroom supplies.
- Update Director of Occupational Extension Training of any program changes, student concerns, etc.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
Fill instructor's role on an emergency basis and as needed to fulfill class requirements.
Associate's degree in Nursing; unencumbered NC RN license; and meet standards of NC Department of Health and Human Services/Division of Facility Services and NC Board of Nursing.
Knowledge and Skills
Minimum of two years of work experience as a registered nurse (4000 hours). Minimum of one year (2000 hours) of RN experience in the provision of long term facility services demonstrated by:
Working in a long term care facility licensed as a skilled nursing facility or a skilled nursing facility which is a distinct part of a hospital, or
Supervising or teaching students in a long term care facility licensed as a skilled nursing facility or a skilled nursing facility which is a distinct part of a hospital.
Unencumbered NC RN license
Working Conditions and Environment (i.e., necessary travel, unusual work hours, unusual environmental conditions, etc.)
This position description covers the most essential functions and duties associated with this position. Other duties may be assigned by the President or appropriate supervisory personnel. The College reserves the right to alter duties, responsibilities, conditions, working hours, and job title as necessary.
Carteret Community College - 4 months ago