The incumbent reports to and advises the Director of Workplace Training on the training provided to Certified Nursing Assistants and those working in the allied health field.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Organize and schedule the Nursing Assistant Levels I and II , Medication Aide, and Nurse Aide Refresher classes.
- Assure compliance with state rules, regulations and laws pertaining to the classes.
- Select and recommend qualified instructors for employment for the classes.
- Provide supervision and information regarding regulations for all instructors and instruct classes as needed.
- Accurately maintain program forms and records relative to Nursing Assistant, Nurse Aide Refresher and Medication Aide classes as mandated by the state.
- Visit a percentage of all off-campus classes and clinical sites.
- Write contracts/changes for part-time instructors.
- Meet with area health care facilities to assess needs and develop classes.
- Monitor classroom and clinical training to ensure on-going quality course and instruction.
- Maintain current affiliation agreements between the college and various clinical facilities.
- Conduct orientations for incoming Nursing Assistant I students.
- Coordinate graduation ceremonies.
- Order classroom supplies and maintain program budget.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
Fill instructor's role on an emergency basis and as needed to fulfill class requirements.
Associate's degree in Nursing; unencumbered NC RN license; and meet standards of NC Department of Health and Human Services/Division of Facility Services and NC Board of Nursing.
Knowledge and Skills
Minimum of two years experience as a registered nurse; at lease one year RN experience in (a) the provision of long term care facility services; or (b) supervising or teaching students in a long term care facility; or (c) a skilled nursing facility which is a distinct part of a hospital.
Unencumbered NC RN license
Working Conditions and Environment (i.e., necessary travel, unusual work hours, unusual environmental conditions, etc.)
This position description covers the most essential functions and duties associated with this position. Other duties may be assigned by the President or appropriate supervisory personnel. The College reserves the right to alter duties, responsibilities, conditions, working hours, and job title as necessary.
Carteret Community College - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard