The role of Coordinator, Communications requires someone with strong written and spoken communications skills as well as strong project management and organizational skills. The opportunity encompasses many tasks within the ambit of Corporate Communications, with specific responsibilities including the creation and distribution of weekly newsletters to employees via email, as well as managing and making contributions to internal and external news/information outlets under the supervision of senior Corporate Communications executives. Understanding of and willing to be proficient at different forms of media – including video, blogging, and other forms of social media, are useful to the role, as well as an inquisitive creative mind.
The Coordinator, Communications will handle a number of responsibilities in corporate communications, including monitoring emails and correspondence to the chairman and CEO’s “shadow” email box, as well as contributing to and administering internal and external communications outlets (such as the Time Warner blog and Internal Portals) and also producing weekly newsletters. The Coordinator, Communications will report to the Vice President, Strategic Communications and to the Associate Director, Corporate Communications who collaboratively manage the Time Warner Blog.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Writing internal and external communications.
- Editing and posting items to internal and external outlets.
- Creating and distributing weekly employee newsletters.
- Monitoring/handling responses sent to shadow email for the Chairman and Chief Executive Officer.
- Providing assistance for a broad range of corporate communications functions and projects.
- A minimum of 1-3 years experience working in external/internal Communications and/or in a large corporate environment
- Proficient in MS Work
- Proficient in HTML
- Knowledge of the media industry
- Excellent writing skills and editing ability
- Great interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent follow-up skills
- Solid organizational skills
Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Journalism or a related field
TimeWarner Corporate - 15 months ago