Reporting to the Vice President and Managing Director of Communications and Brand Development, this Coordinator position supports the entire department, including Communications, Community Relations, New Media and Brand Development, through the execution of administrative duties and tasks as assigned. The Coordinator of Communications and Community Relations is expected to efficiently preform the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for assisting the VP and Managing Director of Communications and Brand Development with the general business operations of the department.
- Provide general administrative support such as preparing correspondence, forms and reports, arranging meetings, processing confidential reports and documents, filing electronic and hard copies, tracking deadlines and taking meeting notes as needed,
- Contribute positively to the department team atmosphere by developing mutually beneficial working relationships with all team members and other departments.
- Support the VP, Communications and Brand Development by maintaining her daily appointment calendar and contacts folder as well as make travel and lodging arrangements as required.
- Participate and contribute to weekly department meetings.
- Manage the department's account payable (i.e.: invoicing, follow up, purchase requests, vouchers, etc.)
- Assist in the development and preparation of department presentations.
- Assist in all efforts related to the organization's community relations mission as well as communications, new media and branding functions.
- Serve as the primary liaison with the team's youth baseball and softball partners to include the management of equipment drives, clinics, DC High School Initiative and on-field recognition of champions.
- Assist in the coordination of increased minority outreach.
- Serve as community relations liaison to assigned groups participating in group sales activities.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Vice President of Communications & Brand Development.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Minimum 2-3 years of related experience.
Physical/ Environmental Requirements
- Knowledge of community programs and organizations and methods involved in developing community relations programs.
- Experience in outreach to community groups.
- Strong presentation skills (written & verbal)
- Strong organizational skills
- Office: Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Work may require occasional weekend and/ or evening work.
MLB - 17 months ago