This position covers District of Columbia
The primary purpose of the job is to develop relationships with local organizations to build community coalitions and promote health awareness specific to the Medicare/Medicaid population. Develops and implements approved marketing strategies for events and sales presentations to the eligible in the service area according to prescribed rules and regulations. Responsible for helping to achieve state-wide membership goals and the assured delivery of plan-defined messages to Medicaid beneficiaries and plan members throughout plan service areas in accordance with AmeriHealth Caritas’s annual marketing and communications plan. Develops and implements Marketing Plan tactics to include special events targeted at community education.
Coordinates the activities of the Community Relations department including:
- Regularly attends town and community meetings, functions and special events to educate members, advocates, and service agencies.
- Works with staff to coordinate and schedule meetings and activities with targeted local and statewide organizations to influence constituents and offer beneficial services to our members.
- Provides continuous follow-up with new and established community organizations via phone, mail, e-mail and personal visits.
- Coordinates and implements face-to-face education and outreach sessions/workshops for members and potential members based on referrals from various departments.
- Coordinates and provides telephone outreach and education to new members to improve their knowledge of Plan design and benefits.
- Assists in the maintenance of an inventory of services provided by organizations and shares database with appropriate departments within the company for referral purposes.
- Conducts orientations and other educational presentations to organizations, members and potential members.
- Coordinates with Network Management staff to offer member education programs in provider practices.
Job Related Experience and Skills
- 3 to 5 years’ experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience within targeted communities.
- Knowledge of Medicare/ Medicaid preferred.
- Bi-lingual candidate preferred.
- Current marketing license preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Valid driver’s license and mode of transportation.
- Current relationships and contacts with targeted community organizations, including local, state and federal agencies, non-profit community service organizations and faith-based programs.
- Strong understanding of dual eligible (Medicaid/Medicare) populations.
- Ensures compliance with the policies of the company, federal and state laws; assists other departments in complying with state and federal laws.
- Oversees operation and development of the plan’s community outreach facilities.
- Assures that positive relationships are maintained with targeted local and state-wide organizations to influence their constituents and offer beneficial services to our members.
- Assures that organizations are educated about the company’s mission.
- Maintains a regular schedule of contact with organizations.
- Identifies opportunities for participation in joint programs
AmeriHealth Caritas - 13 months ago
copy to clipboard -