How about something a bit more fun than the ordinary? This team runs Match.com’s “Stir” Singles Events and premium services. We are building a business around enhancing the overall online experience with offline activities and incremental premium services (think photo-shoots, stylists and coaching), we have thus far seen a fantastic response from our subscribers.
To support this growing business area, we are looking for a Coordinator, Events who will provide support to the Director of Events by planning and executing exciting events around the country.
- Provide assistance on the planning and execution of a portfolio of key events around the country
- Source potential event locations and partners and help them craft their participation in a way that supports the attendees’ needs and match.com’s marketing goals
- Plan all event details with an alignment to match.com’s marketing vision and strategy
- Demonstrate financial savvy and adherence to event budget
- Manage the internal execution of events, including contract preparation, email and site promotions, onsite logistics, and post-event wrap-up
- Track event rsvp’s and feedback and provide recommendations on when event strategy needs to pivot quickly based on attendee responses
- Offer oversight of timelines, vendors and contractors related to the event program
- Manage marketing materials, organize meetings and manage email communications for event program
- Act as a “home base” for the entire event program infrastructure, adding organization, clarity and calm in an extremely fast-paced environment
Here’s a preview of the types of events you might be planning:
- BS or BA or equivalent degree required.
- 2+ years marketing or event planning experience
- Demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously under tight deadlines.
- Extremely detail-oriented.
- Work effectively in a team environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Able to attend events outside of usual business hours and able to travel occasionally
- Must be a goal-setter and self-starter and always operates efficiently
- Experience in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Happy hours
- Cooking classes
- Wine & tequila tastings
- Bowling nights
- Dance lessons
Match.com - 2 years ago
In April of 2015, Match turns 20 years old as one of less than a handful of tech companies born in 1995 that still leads its category. And...