Healthy City is an information + action resource that unites community voices, rigorous research and innovative technologies to solve the root causes of social inequity. The first of its kind in the country, our team consists of authorities in public policy, research, technology, planning and data analysis. We provide the public sector with actionable information such as data, maps, and service referrals through our easy-to-use online platform. Healthy City also partners directly with organizations to develop targeted strategies that fuel social change. Healthy City is a program of Advancement Project. Advancement Project is a public policy change organization rooted in the civil rights movement. We engineer large-scale systems change to remedy inequality, expand opportunity and open paths to upward mobility. Our goal is that members of all communities have the safety, opportunity and health they need to thrive.
Healthy City is seeking a full-time Coordinator to lead and support collaborative projects with strategic multi-sector partners around Healthy City policy fields: civic engagement/public accountability and community health and development. This position will work directly with and reports to Healthy City’s Manager of Collaborative Initiatives in coordinating activities for Healthy City’s direct technical assistance (DTA) projects. Our DTA projects help partners achieve their goals by identifying strategic solutions to meet their needs and have maximum impact. DTA projects integrate research (quantitative/qualitative) and technology to inform and advance policy and systems change. The Coordinator will have a strong understanding of the current policy landscape and issues impacting equal opportunity for low-income, communities of color in California. This position will be responsible for implementing and coordinating policy, research, and technology initiatives that inform, direct, and build capacity for partner organizations. The Coordinator will develop new strategic partnerships to further Healthy City’s presence in California by conducting outreach, building collaborations, and facilitating and engaging diverse communities. The position requires managing competing deadlines, flexibility, and ability to work and travel to communities throughout California. It will entail extensive internal and external communication, workflow management/coordination, and planning to ensure programmatic goals are met. The ideal candidate will have a combination of experience, skills, and training in advocacy, organizing, research, policy analysis, and project planning and coordination. The Coordinator will be a skilled facilitator, capable of leading diverse groups (large and small) to develop, implement, and problem solve in order to meet desired outcomes. The successful candidate will have a genuine passion and enthusiasm for bridging communities, technology, policy, and research to address social inequities. Healthy City offers a fast-paced, highly creative, and highly meaningful work experience with opportunities for continued learning and growth.
Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Directly coordinate DTA projects with partners – partner engagement, contract development, project/policy design and implementation.
Conduct outreach and build partnerships with key policy stakeholders throughout the state.
- Work with community-based organizations, policy makers, foundations, associations and government agencies to design and implement policy, technology, research, and data analysis initiatives.
- Conduct research, frame, and analyze relevant policy issues
- Facilitate, coordinate, and convene meetings and other DTA activities.
- Manage, track, and document activities and ensure deliverables are met in a timely manner.
- Coordinate project workflow with a multi-disciplinary team.
- Engage in education/training with community based organizations, policy makers, foundations, associations, and government agencies.
- Serve as liaison between stakeholder organizations working with Healthy City.
- Contribute to the development, launch, and on-going refinements of Healthy City’s on-line systems.
- Communicate our lessons learned and project highlights
LANonprofitCareers.com - 9 months ago