Coordinator, Internal Communications / New York, NY
The successful individual will leverage their proficiency to...
- Understand Coach’s industry, brand characteristics, business strategy and priorities.
- Support an ongoing cadence of communication with all associates globally by writing content on a wide variety of topics, including—but not limited to—Human Resources, IT, Facilities, Policies & Procedures, Company Events, Media Coverage, Organizational Announcements and Corporate Social Responsibility.
- Plan, develop, edit, coordinate and disseminate internal communications for global, US and local initiatives to enhance employee knowledge of Coach’s products, business priorities, operating environment, and media coverage, and help employees understand their total rewards, available employee programs, resources, tools and services, and learning, development and career opportunities.
- Support Coach’s volunteerism, recognition, and philanthropy initiatives.
- Work collaboratively with Human Resources, Public Relations, IT, Facilities, Finance, Procurement, Store Operations, and other key stakeholders and subject matter experts across Coach.
- Assist in developing metrics to evaluate effectiveness of Coach programs and initiatives and the employee communication that supports them, analyzing data and creating reports to summarize results.
- Ensure Intranet content is fresh, relevant, and up-to-date and support ongoing development of Coach’s global intranet.
- Provide administrative support to the Senior Director, Internal Communications, including—but not limited to—scheduling, meeting logistics, file maintenance and organization.
The accomplished individual will possess...
- Exceptional writing and verbal skills, along with strong conceptual, organizational and creative abilities.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt and flex to different writing styles and different writing needs based on topic/message and audience.
- The ability to:
- Conduct research and gather source material from project partners, technical experts and team members, leverage content from multiple sources, and create compelling messages that engage employees.
- Communicate on a variety of topics and themes with speed, accuracy, efficiency, a commitment to quality and discretion with confidential information.
- Understand, translate and express complex subjects and concepts as clear, concise ideas and share them through reader-friendly collateral.
- Manage multiple projects from conception to completion, exhibit keen attention to logistics and details, prioritize assignments effectively and be flexible to shift priorities on a daily or weekly basis as needed, work within tight timelines, meet deadlines, and have excellent follow-through.
- The skill to:
- Work in a fast-paced environment, learn quickly, react with a strong sense of urgency, and demonstrate grace under pressure.
- Balance being a team player with working independently.
- Take the initiative on projects, ask probing questions, listen actively, share innovative ideas, and deliver to achieve results.
- Demonstrate a strong sense of cultural awareness and work with people across the globe.
- The flexibility to work outside of standard office hours, as needed.
- Experience with current web practices, supporting technologies, new media and social networking a plus.
- A sense of humor, positive attitude, innate curiosity and willingness to continuously learn.
- Bachelor’s Degree required with 2 to 3 years of experience in a public company, preferably in an internal/employee communications role assisting in both strategic and tactical communication that supports the organization and employees.
- Excellent Microsoft Skills (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook).
An excellent candidate will bring the following qualities to the Coordinator, Internal Communications role...
- Problem Solving & Decision Making
- Strong communication, analytical and problem-solving skills required.
- Ability to be intuitive, anticipate needs and develop options.
- Contribute to team decision making, goal setting and problem solving.
- Build cross-functional relationships.
- Initiative/Getting Things Done
- Proactively initiate changes to improve work processes.
- Reprioritize work to accommodate shifting priorities.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities at once.
- Strategic Thinking & Influence
- Demonstrate understanding of how departmental actions impact the organization.
- Customer Focus
- Dedicated to providing high quality products and services to internal customers.
- Keep customers informed of status and progress.
- Seek collaborative solutions to address customer issues.
- Take action to meet customer needs and concerns.
- Continuously assesses progress, identifies barriers, and recommends solutions.
- Ensure follow through to affect desired results.
- Analysis & Decision Making
- Gather and compile accurate information, identify key issues and propose viable solutions.
- Seek and consider others points of view when dealing in unfamiliar situations.
- Can articulate thought process and rationale behind decision making.
Coach, Inc. is an American luxury leather goods company that got its start manufacturing small leather goods. Coach is known for ladies'...