The Coordinator, Kidney & Hypertension is responsible for providing support to physicians and allied health professionals within a busy ambulatory setting and to ensure efficient operations by providing excellent customer service to patients, other staff members, and external parties.
- Triage incoming telephone calls appropriately taking independent action where possible
- Proficiently create, monitor and manage appointment schedules in NTP making adjustments as needed for planned/unplanned absences or conflicting obligations
- Schedule new and follow-up patients proficiently advising patients of insurance requirements and referral process.
- Support activities such as wait list, daily notification of available appts to Clinic, confirmation calls, no-show/cancelled pts letters and other creative ideas to maintain patient volume.
- Manage process of bumped and recall patients sending appointment changes and notifications to patients when needed.
- Maintain and support an accurate and efficient system to proactively communicate with patients and providers the referral requirements before visit.
- Attend sessions on referral verification requirements when offered by various insurance carriers.
- Schedule and take minutes at monthly department meetings.
- Assist in the development, coordination and promotion of mental health programs
- Prepare and review payroll information for accuracy and manager approval.
- Compiles and distributes monthly productivity reports to providers having managers input before distribution.
- Assists with the completion of documentation related to quality assurance requirements for Clinic and external agencies (monthly metrics)
- Weekly review, communication and correction of un-submitted bills within the department.
- Create and maintain files of pertinent information within office
- Assist with the process of credentialing for 3 rd party payors
- Maintains material such as CV’s and general professional correspondence as needed.
- Provide cross coverage support to other medical offices within the Clinic
- Other duties as assigned by the Practice Mgr, Director and Associate Director of the Unit.
- Work collaboratively with other members of Kidney and Hypertension Section and Clinic to ensure patient satisfaction
- Assist in cross coverage of other areas as delegated
- Maintain a professional and discreet manner at all times when responding to patients, visitors, and co-workers
- Demonstrate commitment to customer service for internal and external customers
- Demonstrate ability to be punctual and maintain excellent attendance record.
- Manage time efficiently.
- Demonstrate ability to exercise good judgment and take initiative.
- Maintain confidentiality of all patient related demographic and medical information in adherence with HIPAA policy.
- Adhere to State, Federal, and institutional safety guidelines including OSHA, and DPH.
- Lead and support efforts to comply with managers’ responsibility to report and investigate work related accidents, implementing preventative safeguards as necessary.
- Be knowledgeable about emergency procedures.
- Support security awareness.
- Associates degree in a related field or equivalent work experience; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Certificate from a business school or program (preferred)
- 2+ year’s experience in medical office/reception setting or other customer service oriented position.
- Experience with windows operating systems & Microsoft office
- Experience with automated medical record and registration/scheduling systems preferred
Joslin is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans