Customer service oriented individual with strong attention to detail to support and manage the Extended Studies programming under the direction of the Executive Director of Extended Studies
- Assist the Executive Director of Extended Studies in the research, planning, and execution of programs.
- Coordinate PLNU undergraduate classes including communication with students and faculty.
- Provide registration support and logistic information for Extended Studies programming and events.
- Create and maintain Extended Studies Database.
- Under the direction of the Executive Director of Extended Studies, serve as the receptionist for Liberty Station Conference Center ( LSCC ) and perform routine office tasks related to the fulfillment of external program development, including answering the phone, maintaining the “Professional Development” website, updating forms, developing and maintaining materials, and contacting potential students and clients.
- Arrange all logistical details associated with external program development events and programs.
- Develop and coordinate communication and marketing materials for external program development with MCS , printers and mail houses.
- Market the use of the LSCC for public and private events and seek to understand the rental needs of customers. Maintain policies for the use of the building.
- Create LSCC weekly and monthly report of space uses and repairs.
- Understand the university’s objectives for LSCC , ensure compliance processes and procedures are aligned to maximize the use of the space, and compile compliance-related information when necessary.
- Maintain the master schedule for the use of the LSCC building and assist in setting appointments and coordinate meetings with potential clients and PLNU personnel.
- Establish and maintain guest relations with PLNU internal and external users.
- Monitor inventory of and order supplies. Coordinate building maintenance and custodial service for all residents and users of the LSCC . Monitor equipment, furniture, parking, and other facility-related issues.
- Manage student workers as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and three years of office/administrative and customer service experience required. Must have strong customer service skills. Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office required.
- Understanding of and commitment to the spiritual mission of the university.
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills, able to communicate effectively with various audiences such as vendors, staff, faculty, industry partners, and the community.
- Self-starter comfortable in an entrepreneurial, start-up environment, with the ability to initiate process improvements and quickly learn regulatory information.
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills, able to keep track of multiple projects and deadlines.
- An articulate, professional demeanor.
- Flexible with the ability to adjust expected tasks and schedule to the updated priorities.
- Works well with people and is responsive to feedback.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, high-energy environment with a proven ability to meet and complete multiple deadlines and tasks.
- Able and willing to learn and support various computer software packages.
- Willingness to go above and beyond the requirements of the job to be innovative and supportive.
- Highly detail oriented, motivated, and efficient.
Physical Demands (if applicable):
- Sitting for periods greater than one hour.
- Use of computer equipment: computer keyboard, mouse, and monitor.
- Vision to read documents, e-mail and other correspondence, and reports on paper and computer monitor.
- Hearing and speaking to communicate effectively with others in person and by phone. Will also stand, stoop, push, pull, and lift up to 10 lbs throughout the day.
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Point Loma Nazarene University - 18 months ago