The primary purpose of this position is to obtain various store licenses in a manner that ensures uninterrupted store operations. The incumbent is required to perform all tasks in a safe manner consistent with corporate policies and state and federal laws. |
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The associate is responsible for the functions below, in addition to other duties as assigned:
- Monitor and submit required license applications and permit requests (such as sales tax, business, pharmacy, cigarette/tobacco, alcohol, nursery, etc.) to all relevant federal, state, city, county, and township agencies, thereby ensuring smooth store operations and preventing corporate penalties and/or citations.
- Calculate and submit check requests associated with various paperwork and applications; follow up with accounting to ensure licensing department submits all applications/fees in a timely manner to the appropriate governmental agencies (avoiding unnecessary fees or penalties to the company).
- Analyze and investigate license renewal or invoice discrepancies with government agencies to ensure that Rite Aid pays only the base fee amount required.
- Compile, sort, fax, electronically scan/file documents in accordance with company record retention guidelines and governmental requirements.
- Complete documents that require Corporate Officer signature/acknowledgement and monitor document whereabouts so that the documents are returned to Licensing in a timely manner.
- Extract information from Store Development/Legal systems and reports to determine and initiate proper licensure by store opening, relocation, remodel, or renewal completion date
- Correct store permits to reflect store address updates and notify drug suppliers of pharmacy permit numbers and store address updates to aid in uninterrupted product delivery service.
- Interact with store personnel and field management to resolve any licensing deficiencies.
- Forward all original licenses and permits to regional offices weekly for distribution to stores, and ensure electronic images of licenses are kept on file at the corporate office.
Experience / Requirements:
Other Skills, Abilities, and/or Training
The following qualities are required:
The following qualities are helpful:
- Minimum age of 18 years old due to handling of money.
- Committed to providing customer service that makes both internal and external customers feel welcome, important, and appreciated.
- Ability to preserve confidentiality of information.
- Ability and willingness to move with purpose and a strong sense of urgency.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to organize and prioritize a variety of tasks/projects.
- Ability to work within strict time frames and resolute deadlines.
- Proficiency with typing and keyboard operation.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft ® Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access).
- Ability to work weekends on a rare basis.
- Ability to work extended days on an occasional basis.
- Familiarity with industry/technical terms and processes.
- Familiarity with database query tools.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED), plus three (3) years' experience in an office or a corporate environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Rite Aid - 17 months ago
Rite Aid Corporation is also proud to be one of the nation's leading drugstore chains. With approximately 4,600 stores in 31 states and the...