Responsible for selecting the proper method of transporting customer goods to insure on time pick-up and delivery on all domestic and international orders via truck, rail, customer pick up, ground and containers. Evaluate carrier capacity available to transport goods and accept loads. Develop and maintain relationships with contracted carriers for established customers. Resolve carrier related issues, including but not limited to service failures, lack of capacity, damage to goods, delays in transit, etc. Support the process of overcharge claims, L&D claims as required by customer commitments. Interfaces with carriers/customers during startups to insure all carrier obligations are met.
This position is responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Plan transportation for customer shipments, tracking / tracing customer orders and replenishments.
- Process domestic and export paperwork for air shipments and containers.
- Review all loads in the system and submit to carriers daily.
- Identify most cost effective carrier for load. Tender and notify carrier of load awarded.
- Ensure submitted loads are scheduled and picked with warehouse.
- Match load plans, manifests and bills of lading on loads for billing.
- Advise customers of the most cost effective methods for freight shipment, rates to be applied and mode of transportation to be used.
- Maintain customer's Global Tracker
- Run weekly and monthly reports for managers.
- Apply the APL Logistics Continuous Improvement (ACI) Model for operational efficiency to improve business process, increase proficiency and increase efficiency through waste elimination.
- Apply the 5S Lean methodology to sustain a safe, clean and orderly facility.
- Position requires the incumbent’s performance to meet and occasionally exceed standards as set by the company for safety, quality, productivity and customer services.
Additional Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- HS diploma or equivalent
- Two years' experience with export shipments and documentation
- Customer Service experience required, scheduling/ dispatching / shipping/ receiving experience preferred
- General office procedures in a business setting
- Warehouse Management System experience
- Intermediate MS Word and Excel skills
- Must have basic reading, writing and math skills
- Must be able to meet multiple deadlines
- Ability to communicate in a professional and positive manner
- Solid command of English, both written and verbal.
- 49 CFR, IATA, & IMDG certification a plus
- Must have attention to detail for continuous mental and visual attention
- Must be strong in customer focus
- Must act in a professional manner
- Must be able to maintain information as confidential
- Must be a team player
- Must be able to multi task
APL and APL Logistics are part of the NOL Group. For more information, please visit our web sites, www.apl.com , www.apllogistics.com , and www.nolweb.com .
- Bachelor’s degree a plus
- Knowledge of motor carrier industry, laws and regulations preferred
- Spanish speaking a plus.
- Able to adapt and respond to change
- Be action oriented
- Teamwork - showing a commitment to teamwork and collaboration.
- Respect - extending dignity and respect to all people.
- Integrity - fostering trust and a positive work environment.
- Innovation - bringing creativity to the workplace.
- Customer Focus - achieving Company, department, and personal goals through a strong customer focus
APL and APL LOGISTICS ARE EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYERS
APL Logistics - 9 months ago