to learn more.
This position is responsible for providing day-to-day administrative and communications support for the Office of the President.
S/he provides a full range of high-level administrative support to senior management, including processing the CEO’s incoming mail, preparing and mailing correspondence, providing backup coverage of the CEO's phone line, ordering department office supplies, processing invoices, and other administrative duties as assigned. S/he supports the Chief of Staff on special projects as needed.
S/he maintains the organization’s Senior Manager list, the CEO’s VIP list, and CEO Communications archive. S/he is responsible for entering presidential interactions into the Conservancy’s fundraising database, report generation and analysis as required. S/he coordinates special or ad-hoc projects such as mailings to the CEO’s VIP list and Office of the President-sponsored events for the Worldwide Office.
This position includes frequent interaction with all members within the organization as well as donors, vendors and business relations.
- Bachelor’s degree and 1 year related experience, Associate’s degree and 3 years of related experience, or equivalent combination.
- Experience coordinating one or more central administrative processes, such as facility management, telecommunications, general maintenance/repairs, central services, mailroom operations, central filing, telephone/public reception, printing, maintaining office supplies, general purchasing requests, or equivalent.
- Experienceorganizing files, coordinating projects or meetings, or related activities
- Experience in customer service and/or written/verbal communication with staff, vendors, customers, the public, or others.
- Experience using MS office, Word and Excel, and navigating the Internet.
- May require database management skills. Ability to use advanced computer functions including navigating the Internet. Ability to manipulate, analyze and interpret data.
- Strong communication skills, organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to organize time, manage diverse activities and meet deadlines.
- Service oriented. Courteous, personable, tactful and able to deal effectively and sensitively with all levels of staff and public.
- Demonstrated flexibility to changing situations and priorities.
- May require fluency in foreign language(s) to support global operations. Specific language(s) may be preferred depending on operating unit.
The Nature Conservancy offers competitive compensation, a 401k plan, flexible work policies and a collaborative work environment. We also provide professional development opportunities and promote from within. As a result, you will find a culture that supports and inspires conservation achievement and personal development, both within the workplace and beyond.
To apply to position number 41625, submit resume and cover letter as one document. All applications must be submitted in the system prior to 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time on November 27, 2013.
Failure to complete all of the required fields may result in your application being disqualified from consideration.
You must click “submit” to apply for the position. You may select “save for later” if you prefer to create a draft application for future submission. Once submitted, applications cannot be revised or edited.
If you are experiencing technical issues, please refer to our
The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
The successful applicant must meet the requirements of The Nature Conservancy’s background screening process
The Nature Conservancy - 30+ days ago