Reporting to the Sr. Director of Finance, the Payroll Coordinator will work with the Payroll Administrator to process the Bi-Weekly and Semi-Monthly Payroll cycles. Processing includes but is not limited to the following: collection of payroll data by maintaining the payroll and timekeeping systems, and enforcing company policies and procedures. Perform the tasks necessary to process payroll for all cycles and all employees on the WNBC payroll, including PT and FT Hourly as well as Salaried staff, players and contracted staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understands and maintains the payroll and timekeeping systems efficiently and effectively. Works with the payroll administrator and outside contractors to update system functionality as needed.
- Integrates the hours and pay rates for Hourly Employees from a separately maintained time keeping system into the Ultipro payroll system.
- Inputs and verifies various manual payroll items, i.e. monthly commissions, car allowances, commissions, stipends, bonuses and garnishments etc, into the automated computer payroll system for all BW payrolls
- Manages the Hourly timesheet collection as well as the complete oversight and management of the ABI Time clock and reporting system and integration into the payroll system – Ultipro.
- During the Season – works with the Guest Services Department to ensure all new hires, terminations are handled timely and that all event staff (400-500) per homestand are paid efficiently and effectively.
- Inputs manual monthly payments – such as but not limited to - commissions, car allowances, bonuses etc, into the automated computer payroll system for Hourly Staff
- Works with the HR Department to verify changes in workers' records for wage rates, benefits, and tax deductions
- Edits pre-check payroll reports against source records, traces and corrects any errors. Prepares a coordinated payroll binder for the Sr. Director of Accounting, Controller and or CFO for review and sign-off after the Payroll Manager has signed off.
- Assists in the printing of individual paychecks and sort and mail
- After Payroll close: electronically transmits tax file to tax company, prepare and electronically transmits the funding requests and the direct deposit file to Headquarters on pay period basis.
- Manages payroll files in an efficient and concise manner for verification and audit purposes. Assists Payroll Administrator with summary payroll, benefit and general ledger reports including but not limited to Payroll and GL summaries and Journal entries, employee earning reports.
- Assists the HR department to ensure that all seasonal new hires for Event services, ticket office are correctly coded in the Payroll and Timekeeping systems.
- Works with the Enterprises Team as well as other scheduling departments to set up events in ABI so that they map correctly to Ultipro for General Ledger reporting.
- Works closely with Human Resources and Accounting staff to ensure that all Company Payroll and Human Resource Policies are maintained and enforced.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
- Four year college degree and a minimum of 2 years experience in payroll.
- Effective verbal and written communication and presentation skills; Ability to interact with people of all different levels and backgrounds.
- Understands need for data integrity and pays attention to maintaining accurate and timely data, detail oriented with solid organizational skills.
- Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to utilize MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Access
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to manage several complex projects simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment with fellow employees.
- Ability to meet deadlines under pressure and/or frequently deal with difficult issues related to people or situations.
- Office: Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
MLB - 14 months ago