The Public Relations (PR) Coordinator is responsible for planning and coordinating a variety of public relations programs designed to create and maintain favorable public image for TriNet. From the development of press releases, to maintaining the public relations contact media list and our social media outlets, the person in this position will be a relationship builder, writer, and proofreader, and will be responsible for contributing to TriNet’s marketing success.
General Public Relations:
- Coordinate public relations efforts in order to meet needs, objectives, and policies of Trinet.
- Implement public relations tactics that are in accordance to the public relations strategy.
- Coordinate promotional activities, special events and public relations activities.
- Work in conjunction with Field and Corporate Marketing to ensure timely delivery of public relations related tactics.
- Prepare and distribute fact sheets, news releases, photographs, stories, scripts, podcasts, recordings or website addresses or articles to media representatives and other people who may be interested in learning about or publicizing TriNet’s activities or message.
- Arrange for and conduct public-contact programs designed to meet employer’s objectives, utilizing knowledge of changing attitudes and opinions of clients, employees or other interested parties.
- Ensure media contact list is current and accurate.
- Field inbound media inquiries and addresses or routes appropriately.
- Represent employer during community projects and at public, social and business gatherings.
- Research date, create ideas, write copy, lay out artwork, contact media representatives, or represent employer directly before general public.
- Own the submissions of awards to relevant media outlets.
- Keep informed of latest trends in HR related to small and medium-sized businesses.
- Write copy as needed for assigned projects.
- Perform related duties as assigned or as the situation dictates.
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Ensure social media is being leveraged in all campaigns and is integrated with corporate and field marketing programs.
- Maintain the TriNet blog through original pieces as well as uploading contributed articles.
- Own social media outlets (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.) and is the primary point person to field and address positive and negative postings.
- Other responsibilities may be added at the manager’s discretion.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, journalism or other related field.
Training Requirements (licenses, programs, or certificates): None.
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Minimum 2-4 years of Public Relations experience and/or social media experience
- Experience with marketing communications.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/OTHER INFORMATION (Travel required, physical requirements, on-call schedules, etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of AP style preferred.
- Knowledge of HR industry preferred.
- Strategic/creative thinker, detail-oriented and highly organized.
- Ability to effectively multi-task in a deadline-driven environment.
- Highly motivated, works well individually and on a team.
- Proficient with MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
Since 1988, thousands of companies throughout the United States and Canada have placed their trust in TriNet to help them manage their Human Resources more strategically and cost-effectively. We give our customers the economies of scale they need to access and deploy Fortune 500-caliber payroll, benefits, and HR services. TriNet has a nationwide presence, an experienced management team, and belongs to the Inc. Magazine Hall of Fame for being one of the fastest growing, privately-held companies for five consecutive years. We are a growing organization that embraces and rewards both bold strategy and disciplined execution.
- Travel: < 5%
- Work in a clean, pleasant, and comfortable office setting.
Just like our customers, we've built our business on hiring the most qualified people and helping them acquire the skills and knowledge they...