Review of applications will begin January 14, 2013, and will continue until position is filled.
Coordinate the institution's social media presence through well-conceived and crafted content, and work strategically to advance the University's social media presence. Evaluate emerging social media tools and technologies. Collect and analyze the institution's social media metrics. Support University departments in their social media initiatives, and maintain a central repository of URI's social media sites.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsible for the content and execution of the University's Web-based daily online news site.
Coordinate the University's social media presence, working in collaboration with the Supervisor of New Media, the Web Communications Manager, and media relations staff.
Recommend social media strategies related to Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Google+, blogs, and other initiatives and platforms. Educate others on campus in the use of social media to advance the University's social media presence.
Devise systems to evaluate and report on the effectiveness of social media communications in addressing the needs of the University's various audiences.
Adhere to the writing/style, technical and branding standards established by the University.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Work on special projects as needed.
Perform other duties as required.
LICENSES, TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT:
Word processing, spreadsheet and image editing software; editing software (e.g., Photoshop); Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Google+, blogs; personal, mobile and tablet computers.
ALL REQUIREMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO POSSIBLE MODIFICATION TO REASONABLY ACCOMMODATE INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES.
1) Bachelor's degree.
2) A minimum of two to three years of full-time experience working strategically with social media and using appropriate tools and metrics to measure its effectiveness.
3) Demonstrated experience preparing audio, still photography, video and text for the Web.
4) Demonstrated excellent written and oral communication skills.
5) Demonstrated ability to integrate different communications channels, and to work collaboratively with colleagues.
6) Demonstrated experience using word processing, spreadsheet and image editing software.
7) Demonstrated working knowledge of using editing software (e.g., Photoshop); Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Google+, blogs; personal, mobile and tablet computers.
8) Demonstrated working knowledge of Photoshop or similar image editing software.
9) Demonstrated ability to keep abreast of emerging technologies and tools with regard to social media, the Web, etc.
10) Demonstrated strong time management and interpersonal skills.
1) Demonstrated interest in current events and news, particularly those issues affecting the University directly and those generated by University activities and policies.
2) Demonstrated professional experience in a higher education environment.
3) Demonstrated ability to produce clean, tight copy on
5) Demonstrated familiarity with the Associated Press news writing style
6) Demonstrated understanding of data-driven Web Environments, Web scripting languages and trends in mobile devices.
7) Demonstrated experience with WordPress as a content management system.
This position is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
University of Rhode Island - 9 months ago