The Coordinator of Student Immigration Services handles F-1 student and J-1 exchange visitor immigration and advising needs on a daily basis. In addition, the position consults with the Assistant Director to identify new initiatives in response to ever-changing public policy and legislation related to immigration. With the Assistant Director, will develop new office strategies and technical systems to meet changing federal regulations or programs impacting the international student population.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
• Provides Immigration Advising to International Students and Exchange Visitors.
• Prepares and disseminates all pre-arrival information for International Students and Exchange Visitors.
• Provides admissions information to prospective students.
• Prepares and disseminates relevant information to the international student community in a weekly update.
• Provides information and support concerning international students to Federal and local law enforcement officials as needed and required by law.
• Supports international students with campus and community in issues that are uniquely international such as culture and immigration status.
This list of essential duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive. The individual will perform other essential duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Proficiency in one or more languages other than English
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to work as a team member with both internal and external constituents
• Strong computer skills
• Strong organizational skills
Bachelor’s Degree required. Also required one to two years of Designated School Official experience.
Experience working in an international student services office at a college or university. International student programming experience. Experience living or studying outside the US.
Pre-Employment Background Check
Final candidate(s) are required to authorize and pass a background investigation prior to an offer of employment. Offers of employment are conditional until a background investigation has been successfully completed and all other pre-employment requirements are satisfied. The University reserves the right to determine and confirm suitability for employment and to end any employment already begun if the background check reveals disqualifying information.
Full-time, 12 month permanent, administrative staff position available. Administrative pay grade 356. Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Full benefits package available.
For more information about Administrative pay grades and ranges please click HERE .