Job Description Summary
The Marketing Coordinator will work closely with the Marketing Director to deliver marketing campaigns impacting the entire student experience and life cycle, from the point of admission inquiry through current student services and career development, and continuing to young alumni relations programs. This position will assist with marketing campaigns, communication plans, print, web, social media, and other forms of undergraduate communication. The Marketing Coordinator will lead and assist in the management of individual projects consisting of idea conception, design work, copy writing, editing, web-based campaigns, direct mail, and other efforts that are initiated and completed both with Babson Marketing’s Creative Services team and external vendors.
• In collaboration with the Marketing Director, determine marketing plan and strategy for Undergraduate School events. Serve as lead to coordinate event marketing efforts, including promotion to current students, young alumni, parents, and Friends of Babson.
• Work actively with Academic Services to shape, tone, craft messaging, and execute marketing needs for New Student Orientation. Assist with event planning and logistics as needed for Undergraduate Dean’s Office events, such as Summer Family Day, Creative Thinking Prize Competition, and additional joint partnerships and sponsorships.
• Create and manage undergraduate marketing calendar to track ad placements, mailings, events, emails, and press releases.
• Serve as student resource and partner; coordinate messaging for, and assist in implementation of, ongoing student communication and technology efforts. Keep up to date with student events, organizations, and programs and work closely with undergraduate Digital Marketing Coordinator to ensure that the undergraduate student experience is captured through digital marketing efforts.
• Develop and implement tracking processes to assess performance and propose new strategies for undergraduate marketing campaigns.
• Work closely with the Marketing Director in assisting the Dean of the Undergraduate School, the Dean of Admission, the Dean of Student Affairs, the Director of Career Development and all undergraduate directors to ensure consistent messaging across the undergraduate school print and electronic materials. This includes assessing and updating current and future collateral to be consistent with Babson and undergraduate school positioning and branding.
• Assist Director with developing marketing and communication plans for undergraduate school offices and programs. Coordinate with program managers and undergraduate school clients to execute marketing plans. Fully understand project parameters and deliverables, including scope, timeline, and marketing media requirements; and make recommendations to clients on appropriate marketing tactics to meet goals.
• Manage the weekly project management process with the centralized marketing team to ensure projects are completed on time and to specification.
• Conduct competitive analysis and market research as necessary; analyze and report on collected data.
• Schedule and coordinate photography and videography of undergraduate events, programs, and publication needs.
• Assume additional responsibilities as required.
Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in Marketing or Communications)
Additional Required Skills & Abilities
• At least 1-2 year(s) marketing experience, preferably in a higher education environment
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Excellent relationship management/interpersonal skills
• Independent self-starter with the ability to take initiative and deal with ambiguity
• Ability to work in matrixed organization
• Experience with creating content for publications, e-communications, and social media
• Detail- and deadline-oriented, with strong follow-through skills
• Strong sense of accountability and ownership
• Ability to turn abstract concepts into engaging, actionable content
• Experience managing projects in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
• Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
• Ability to work well under pressure to manage and complete projects by deadlines
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Ability to work with high energy in the recruitment, promotion, consensus building, and coordination of activities
• Experience with Photoshop and design software preferred
Babson College - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard -