The University Marketing team seeks a sophisticated marketer to help the department manage and elevate efforts related to the undergraduate student market. The ideal candidate will provide exceptional customer service, be able to think strategically, manage different types of support resources, work quickly, possess a strong sense of intellectual curiosity, and be a relentless advocate for quality and accuracy. The ideal candidate will also enjoy working in a fast-paced environment. This position is located at our Flagstaff campus.
* Assist university departments with strategic planning, creating opportunities for colleges and departments to collaborate on innovative customer communications and marketing activities.
* Partner with clients to evaluate specific marketing efforts, including response rates, enrollment, audiences, and demographic data, to measure success and refine methods.
* Serve as account manager and lead marketer for all recruitment and new student orientation communications for multiple departments focused on the undergraduate experience.
* Use data and consultation with enrollment management team to recommend changes to the strategic communications plan related to undergraduate recruiting.
* Advocate for and develop integrated approaches to using electronic, web-based, and print recruitment tools to meet strategic objectives.
* Recommend, develop, and lead market research projects, using external resources as appropriate.
* Establish, track, and manage project deadlines and budgets. Ensure that projects move through internal channels on time. Identify and resolve issues using appropriate resources. Monitor and negotiate budget issues as needed.
* Develop, execute, and measure success of marketing programs or projects designed to assist in the achievement of the university or department's strategic objectives.
* Provide leadership in best practices related to relationship management.
* Manage university budget and personnel resources, temporary employees, student employees, and contractors during the planning and implementation of marketing programs and projects.
* Write and edit marketing materials, including web pages, recruitment communications, and advertising copy. Develop new messaging as needed, ensuring alignment with university messaging and positioning. Ensure that resulting content is high-quality, error-free, grammatically correct, and in compliance with the university's writing style guide.
* Assist with major, strategic, university-wide brand and marketing initiatives.
* Lead external vendors such as marketing services firms, writers, and printers as needed.
* Track and measure the results of all marketing tactics and programs.
* Regularly communicate/consult with internal and external constituents as a representative of the University Marketing department.
* Bachelor's degree in a field appropriate to area of assignment AND four years administrative/coordinative program experience.
* Master's degree in relevant field AND two years experience in area of assignment OR
* Any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education.
* Demonstrated experience with marketing programs related to the undergraduate student market. Experience with executing and measuring the results of integrated marketing programs.
* Experience with establishing and measuring the results of digital marketing programs, including the use of digital marketing strategy, search engine optimization, and web analytics.
* Experience with creative and print production processes.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
* Excellent teamwork and customer service skills.
* Commitment to quality and accuracy of work.
* Able to think strategically and operate tactically.
* Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
* Strong organizational and prioritization skills and ability to work well under pressure.
* Excellent interpersonal and oral/written communications skills.
* A strong understanding of user experience best practices.
* Strong, proven project management skills.
* A commitment to meeting deadlines and budgets.
* Strong problem-solving and resourcefulness.
* Proven ability to measure results and recommend adjustments and improvements.
* Strong analytical skills.
* Strong initiative and ability to produce good work with minimal direction.
Northern Arizona University requires satisfactory results for the following: a criminal background investigation, an employment history verification and a degree verification (in some cases) prior to employment. You may also be required to complete a fingerprint background check.
Additionally, as an employer in the state of Arizona, NAU is required to participate in the federal E-Verify program that assists employers with verifying new employees' right to work in the United States.
$51,297 to $55,000
This is a Service Professional (SPF) position. NAU offers an excellent benefit package including generous health, dental and vision insurance; participation in the Arizona State Retirement System or the Optional Retirement Program; 22 days of vacation and 10 holidays per year; and tuition reduction for employees and qualified family members. More information on benefits at NAU is available at http://hr.nau.edu/benefits/elig_enroll .
Service Professionals are hired on a contract basis, renewable each 6 months according to terms of the Conditions of Professional Service, which may be found at: https://azregents.asu.edu/rrc/Policy%20Manual/6-301-Conditions%20of%20Professional%20Service.pdf.
Employees offered a position will be eligible for state health plans (including NAU's BCBS Plan) after 90 days of employment. If a new employee chooses the ASRS retirement option, participation in the Arizona State Retirement System, and the long-term disability coverage that accompanies it, will begin on the first of the pay period following 27 weeks (6 months) after the new employee's start date. New employees who choose to participate in the Optional Retirement Plan (ORP), which is an alternative to the ASRS plan for faculty and other appointed staff, will begin to participate on the first day of employment. Additionally, the long-term disability plan that accompanies the ORP will begin on the first day of the pay period following 90 days after start date. More information is available at: http://hr.nau.edu/benefits/elig_enroll.
Open until further notice.
Northern Arizona University has maintained a tradition over the past century as one of the West's premier universities. NAU's academic...