Under supervision by the Director, Leadership Gifts, this individual will coordinate all activities supporting the identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of prospects and donors for the Museum of Science and Industry’s Leadership Gifts program. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Provides support for the identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of major donors and prospects for the Museum’s funding priorities. Duties will include, but are not limited to, the research and writing of prospect briefing and staffing memos.
• Conduct comprehensive prospect research on donors and prospects for Leadership Gifts to Museum exhibits and education programs.
• Assist in staffing senior management for cultivation and/or solicitation meetings with major gift donors and prospects.
• Manage a prospect and donor portfolio of 25 – 50 individuals.
• Prepare and track donor correspondence related to the engagement of donors and prospects with regard to funding priorities.
• Participates in short and long-range planning activities related to the Leadership Gifts program.
• Assist with all major gift cultivation events being organized as part of the Leadership Gifts program. Including, but not limited to, logistical organization, mailings, phone calls, etc.
• Other job responsibilities as assigned.
Mandatory Job Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline with two plus years of development experience.
• Experienced prospect researcher, preferably in a non-profit setting.
• Knowledge of prospect research vehicles (Hoovers, NEXUS, etc.)
• Knowledge of the prospect and donor management process.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to organize and prioritize; detail-oriented.
• Ability to gather data, analyze information and prepare reports.
• Ability to foster effective working relationships within a team environment.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Experience working with volunteers preferred.
• Must have knowledge of Raiser’s Edge software.
NPO.net - 19 months ago