Coordinator Sr Advertising
Duties may change and associates may be required to perform other duties as assigned.
- Partners with merchants to ensure all advertising deadlines and updates are met and communicated.
- Assists Advertising Manager with analysis to help plan advertising; including preparing and distributing necessary advertising reports.
- Participates in quarterly and monthly ad meetings to ensure all action items are executed.
- Coordinates and executes advertising initiatives; processes ad orders, oversees page layouts, coordinates and executes proofing changes, and executes promotional pricing.
- Supports Advertising Administrators and Photo Studio to coordinate sample and image process.
- Enters and maintains accurate Velocity advertising system for assigned categories, including products provided by merchant team, ad copy, images, logos, item and price formats, and promotional pricing for all forms of print advertising (inserts, ROP, magazines, direct mail, etc.).
- Maintains elevated working knowledge of cumulus and velocity systems, as well as trains and communicates enhancements requests and system issues to IT department.
- Coordinates preview and final proofing for all advertising.
- Coordinates store communication with Store Operations and Merchants on advertising errors and merchant promotions.
- Supports marketing promotions for key campaigns and initiatives.
- Manages ad pricing execution and corrections including nights, weekends and holidays as business dictates.
- Partners with merchant to ensure ad pages reflect best traffic, sales opportunities and feature relevant product and items to support themes and markets.
- Provides leadership, mentorship, and support to Ad Administrator and Ad Coordinator.
- Supports the Advertising Manager in developing and maintaining the advertising process and training.
- Assists other marketing department members as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field of study or equivalent years of related work experience required.
- Detail oriented
- Work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Excellent customer service skills
- Work independently and contribute to team projects
- Proficient in MS Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Lotus Notes or similar e-mail system
- Proven organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize, solve problems independently and work effectively under pressure when necessary
- Ability to learn to use Island Pacific and Velocity systems
- Communication – effective listening, speaking, and writing
- Acceptable level of hearing and vision to perform job duties
TX-Houston Metro-Katy-1800 N. Mason Road
Academy Sports + Outdoors - 16 months ago
Academy Sports & Outdoors is one of the nation,s largest sporting goods retailers, operating over 80 stores across the southeastern...