JOB PURPOSE: primarily responsible for HR office administration and coordinating seasonal staffing throughout the full employee life cycle. The ideal candidate should possess experience in interviewing and selection, communications and office procedures. Understanding the operations of Darien Lake and the entertainment industry is a plus.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate with other departments to assess staffing needs and participate with HR Team in hiring and selection strategy
- Prescreen candidates for all seasonal positions, assist in scheduling and conducting interviews as needed
- Process incoming staff and complete required government and company forms.
- Conduct orientation on rotating basis and handle special groups including but not limited to International Students.
- General office duties including answering telephones, taking messages, copying, filing, and faxing.
- Ensure accurate filing in accordance with labor laws and company policy.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMNETS
- Minimum age 18
- HS Diploma/GED Required; Associates degree or higher strongly preferred
- Minimum 2 years in an administrative position required, Human Resources experienced preferred
- Must be available to work weekends, evenings, holidays, and occasional overtime.
- Occasionally schedule will be 6-7 days weekly.
Any and all other duties that is assigned or necessary in order to support the Human Resources Department and the park as a whole. While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the requirements of the job, management reserves the right to add or remove duties when circumstances (e.g., emergencies, changes in workload, rush jobs, staff levels, or technical developments) dictate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to sit and/stand/and walk for long periods of time throughout the day
- Must be able to work outdoors at various times throughout the year
- Requires manual and bi-manual dexterity, fine and gross motor skills, hand/eye coordination, near vision, hearing and speech
- Requires occasional kneeling and bending
- Requires occasional walking, reaching above shoulder, pushing and pulling
- Requires occasional lifts and carries up to 30 pounds
- Requires occasional carries up to 100 pounds with the assistance of a two wheel hand truck
- Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. This position requires occasional work in or around wetness, confined spaces-cramped quarters, heights, noise, detergents/chemicals, mechanical hazards, moving objects, fumes/odors, dust, mists, gases, or vibrations. The noise level is generally moderate.