Performs supervisory and coordinative work in the operation of a specific program or departmental project. Responsibilities involve the coordination and supervision of the various functions and aspects of a specific program as well as the monitoring of program staff and operational procedures. Work is performed under general supervision with evaluation based on results obtained. May supervise program staff, volunteers and student assistants.
- Provides clerical support for department of Building Maintenance & Operations.
- Processes and maintains records for state rental vehicles.
- Maintains records of state surplus property and arranges for storage, tagging, disposal of state surplus property.
- Responsible for room scheduling and reservations at Permian Basin campus.
- Coordinates daily food service setups; assists Unit Coordinator with purchasing requisitions, payroll, purchasing card reconciliation, ordering supplies, vehicle coordination, surpus property records and scheduling, etc.
- Organizes office operations and procedures.
- Maintains filing system for departmental information.
- Prepares various forms and vouchers using established operating policies and procedures.
- Maintains departmental personnel time sheets and associated personnel records.
- Drives state vehicle (required proof of insurability and a DMV records check).
- Other related duties as assigned by supervisors.
Experience and Education
High school diploma or equivalent plus five (5) years progressively responsible related experience; additional related education may exchange for required experience on a year for year basis.
Must have valid Driver’s License and be insurable. Will be subject to Motor Vehicle Record ( MVR ) check.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and maintain detailed, accurate records.
- Must have initiative, flexibility and ability to interact effectively with others.
- Knowledgeable and skillful with office equipment, and have good Microsoft Office Suite computer skills.
- Good working knowledge of purchasing procedures and regulations.
Security Level (TTU only)
Does this position work in a research laboratory?
If yes, are select agents used in this laboratory?
Texas Tech University HSC - Permian Basin
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Special Instructions to Applicants
This position requires a criminal background check and driver records check.
Sitting, standing, walking, stooping, reaching with arms and hands to perform normal office operations such as filing and desk duties.
Hourly Pay Range
11.45 - 16.28
Monthly Pay Range
1984.67 - 2821.87
Internal Candidates Only?
Internal Cand Open Date
Internal Cand Closing Date
The entities of Texas Tech University System are Equal Opportunity employers and are in compliance with Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 as amended, Texas Commission on Human Rights Act (Texas Labor Code, Chapter 21), Americans with Disabilities Act as amended, and employs without regard to sex, race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability or status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran.