Performs supervisory and coordinative work in the operation of a specific program or departmental project. Responsibilities involve the coordination and supervision of the various functions and aspects of a specific program as well as the monitoring of program staff and operational procedures. |
Work is performed under general supervision with evaluation based on results obtained. May supervise program staff, volunteers and student assistants.
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date knowledge of Managed Care Programs and other carriers.
- Compiles all information necessary for patient care under the various plans.
- Communicates with other practices regarding patient referrals.
- Coordinates communication between subscribers and their physicians.
- Processes referral and precertification forms per plan requirements after completion by a physician.
- Assists patients with registration problems.
- Receives and schedules patients in clinic.
- Schedules patients for diagnostic testing.
- Obtains precertification’s/ preauthorization’s as needed.
- Maintains registration information on patient population; demographics and insurance.
- Coordinates patient scheduling of diagnostic tests with independent facilities.
- Verifies insurance coverage and benefits.
- Maintains daily account analysis.
- Cross-trains with Front Office Staff
- All other duties as assigned.
- Special projects as assigned.
A minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent plus five (5) years progressively responsible related experience. Additional related education may exchange for required experience on a year for year basis.
- Electronic Medical Records ( EMR ) experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Office 2007.
Security Level (TTU only)
Does this position work in a research laboratory?
If yes, are select agents used in this laboratory?
Texas Tech University HSC - Lubbock
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Special Instructions to Applicants
A Resume/C.V., a Cover Letter and a Letter of Recommendation are required to be uploaded when applying to this position.
Applicant must be an excellent team player with an outstanding work ethic.
Sit, stand, and walk.
Hourly Pay Range
11.45 - 16.28
Monthly Pay Range
1984.75 - 2821.98
Internal Candidates Only?
Internal Cand Open Date
Internal Cand Closing Date
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Texas Tech University - 21 months ago