This position is responsible to work with STEM faculty on designing and implementing supplemental instruction materials at the introductory level for university STEM courses, to teach six credit hours in General Education math and Peer Study/Supplemental Instruction courses each semester, and to participate in pilot studies for STEM supplemental instruction including design, implementation and assessment.
40% – Work with STEM faculty on designing and implementing supplemental instruction materials at the introductory level for university STEM courses.
40% – Teach six credit hours in General Education math and Peer Study/Supplemental Instruction courses each semester using pedagogy aligned with current STEM supplemental instruction.
20% – Manage assessment of STEM supplemental instruction pilot program.
Master’s Degree in Mathematics or closely related field.
- Evidence of successful teaching of undergraduate level mathematics such as student evaluations and/or letters of recommendations that speak to teaching
- Familiarity with current trends in transition between general education college math and developmental math courses.
- Familiarity with current trends in supplemental instruction at the introductory level for college STEM courses
- Familiarity with current trends in teaching online at the introductory level for college STEM courses
- Experience with curriculum design
- Experience teaching and/or designing and/or using existing online materials in STEM disciplines
- Experience teaching and/or designing materials for math and at least one science field
- Experience working with college faculty on designing and/or using online materials and curriculum
- Experience with computer curriculum delivery system such as the Khan Academy, ALEKS , NROC or similar resources
- Experience with course assessment
Close on Closing Date
Special Instructions to Applicants
IMPORTANT : In order to be considered as an applicant you must apply via the online application system, www.msudenverjobs.com.
Deadline date is May 20, 2013 Important: The cover letter should relate the applicant’s expertise to the qualifications listed. Both the cover letter and the curriculum vitae MUST be attached to your online application. Any additional materials that support the applicant’s expertise in regards to the listed qualifications should be attached to the application in the “OTHER Document” category. In addition, copies of all college transcripts may be attached in the “Transcripts” category or mailed to the address given below.
ADDITIONAL APPLICATION MATERIALS REQUIRED : In order for a file to be considered complete and forwarded to the search committee each applicant MUST submit the following:
Three current letters of recommendation from people who are in a position to know the applicant’s expertise and, if applicable, teaching effectiveness. These should be sent directly from the person giving the recommendation.
SUBMIT TO: David Ruch, Search Committee Chair
Department of Mathematical and Computer Sciences
Metropolitan State University of Denver
PO Box 173362, Campus Box 38
Denver, CO 80217-3362
Phone: 303-556-3208 FAX : 303-556-5381
**The selected candidate will be required to provide Official Transcripts from all colleges and universities where degrees were awarded prior to a contract being finalized.
Metropolitan State University of Denver - 17 months ago