The State University of New York (SUNY), located in Albany, New York, seeks a Coordinator for the Recruitment Response Center. Reporting to the Director of Enrollment Services , the incumbent will be responsible for the day to day management of the Center including operations, systems and staff. The Center responds to over 28,000 Live Chat sessions, 51,000 phone calls and 10,000 emails annually. The Center also handles the fulfillment of publications and other mailings for SUNY-wide recruitment.
- Supervises, evaluates and assigns duties to call center agents within the Recruitment Response Center.
- Responsible for recruitment and training of new agents. Coaches staff on appropriate call, email and chat responses.
- Ensures superior customer service through evaluation of phone, chat and email logs and online tracking mechanisms.
- Provides guidance to prospective students and families as well as school administrators regarding academic programs, scholarship programs, support services, and other SUNY initiatives.
- Imports prospective student data from a variety of sources into Customer Relationship Management system software.
- Creates reports for Director including but not limited to volume and trends.
- Evaluates technology within the Center and explores upgrades, new technologies and functionality.
- Keeps up to date with latest technology for use in call centers and recommends upgrades and new products to supervisor.
- Maintains and expands knowledge of admissions and recruiting best practices.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Two years of college recruitment experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in computer applications, including MS Office and Database Management
- High degree of organization and attention to detail
- Ability to be self motivated
- Prior supervision of employees
- Ability to work non-standard hours during peak seasons
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience. Excellent benefits.
- Master’s degree
- 4-6 years of college recruitment experience
- Familiarity with admissions and recruitment procedures and an understanding of academic programs
Interested candidates are invited to apply online at: www.suny.edu/SUPEmployment . Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until this position is filled. The anticipated start date is April 1, 2013.
State University of New York System Administration is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, color, creed, national origin, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran or military status, disability, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, criminal conviction, domestic violence victim status, or retaliation.