Reporting to the Vice President of Enrollment Management, this position is responsible for the design, development, implementation and on-going assessment of a comprehensive Alumni-in-Admissions (AIA) program designed to assist the College’s professional admission staff in the recruitment and enrollment of prospective students.
- In collaboration with the Office of Alumni Affairs, identify and organize a national and international volunteer alumni network to assist in recruitment of students to The College of Saint Rose.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive, data-driven plan and strategy that increases interest, applications and enrollment from legacy applicants as well as referrals made by alumni volunteers.
- Develop a training plan and manual for Alumni-in-Admissions volunteers.
- Develop and implement an alumni admissions interview program.
- Coordinate and execute a personalized communication strategy with alumni/legacy applicants.
- Counsel prospective applicants on the admissions process and opportunities at Saint Rose.
- Represent the College at events, including developing and facilitating presentations for a wide range of audiences.
- Meet legacy application and enrollment goals and maximize their conversion to enrolled status.
- In collaboration with Undergraduate and Graduate admissions staff, identify and oversee the participation of alumni volunteers at recruitment fairs and college night programs in key territories.
- Design, plan and attend on-campus, off-campus and virtual events consistent with admissions goals. With key members of the Saint Rose community, organize regional receptions geared to students and families who have expressed an interest in or have been admitted to The College of Saint Rose.
- With assistance from professional staff in Admissions and Alumni Affairs, coordinate and oversee Receptions for Accepted Students in key territories.
- Assess effectiveness of Alumni-in-Admissions efforts in relationship to recruitment
- Bachelor’s degree required; an alumnus of The College of Saint Rose is preferred
- At least three years college admissions experience
- Experience organizing and facilitating the work of volunteers.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills – successful experience in public speaking/delivering presentations.
- Good interpersonal communication skills to interact with varying levels of college staff, faculty, students, vendors and service personnel, and the general public.
- Ability to both lead, yet build consensus when appropriate.
- Intermediate level computer skills using a Windows based operating system, specifically MS Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills to interact with varying levels of college staff, faculty, external volunteers and benefactors, students, vendors and the general public.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle several projects simultaneously; attention to detail and deadlines required.
- Ability to analyze data, monitor budgets and develop successful plans necessary.
- work habits including high energy, attention to detail, and the ability to organize effectively.
- SCT/Banner and Hobson’s experience is a plus.
- A valid driver’s license and the ability to travel and work nights and weekends as necessary.
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday, Full time, Full year
Salary Range: Beginning in the upper $30K's, depending upon experience
This position requires flexibility of schedule to include frequent travel, evening and weekend hours, especially during the recruitment season of September-November and February-April.
Comprehensive health and dental benefits, generous time off, tuition remission, wellness programs
The College of Saint Rose values diversity and abides by federal, state and local law in admissions, employment and all services and programs provided. It does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, religion/creed, disability, age, national/ethnic origin, sexual orientation or any other condition established by law.
Create a College of Saint Rose Employment Account by clicking on the APPLY NOW tab below. Upload the following documents, which are required for consideration:
• Cover Letter (required, as this is evidence of your writing skills)
• Resume (include salary history)
Already have a College of Saint Rose Employment Account? Login to add documents or update your account.
The College of Saint Rose - 20 months ago