POSITION: Coordinator of Championships and Alliances, Branding and Fan Experience
BASIC FUNCTION : This position provides oversight of the in-venue production and presentation for the Division I Women’s Basketball Championship (i.e., Women’s Final Four) and other select NCAA Championships. The position will also provide additional resource support for all 89 NCAA Championships. Other responsibilities include championship branding and ancillary event support, collaboration with national governing bodies, coaches associations, vendors, local organizing committees and institutional membership to manage creative development and activation opportunities surrounding NCAA Championships.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. On-site management and implementation of NCAA Championship presentation activities. Areas of focus include the management of all pre-game, in-game, halftime and post-game presentations (e.g., team introductions, emcee involvement, National Anthem talent coordination, pyrotechnics involvement, video content and public address announcer script development, military recognitions, VIP involvement, band performances, NCAA Corporate Champions and Partners promotions, creative fan development entertainment, trophy presentations and awards ceremonies) to ensure the student-athletes and fans have a satisfying entertainment experience throughout each championship.
2. Provide detailed strategic management of all phases related to the in-venue presentation, including coordinaton of vendor agreements, impeccable day-to-day communication, implementation of championship best practices, and able to provide collaborative feedback to work efficiently with hosts and colleagues at all times.
3. Actively participate in championship assignment working groups with both internal and external constituents, serve as primary staff liaison for all areas of responsibility.
4. Develop and administer communication of in-venue presentation goals and details effectively during pre-championship conference calls as well as the pre-championship administrative meetings.
5. Successfully fulfill contractual obligations with NCAA Corporate Champions and Partners through in-venue presentations, on-court promotions, public address announcements and video board content.
6. Manage Women’s Final Four Super Saturday ancillary event, consisting of team practices, Battle of the Bands and WBCA High School All-America Game.
7. Collaborate effectively with NCAA operational working groups and vendors (i.e., Sport Graphics, Van Wagner Big Screen Network, Pyrotecnico, etc.) to strategically improve the fan experience at a high level.
8. Manage Van Wagner Big Screen Network communication for operational planning toolkit to ensure all 89 NCAA Championships are properly supported.
9. Responsible for fiscal budget management within the Branding and Fan Experience department. Duties include monitoring of assigned sport budget, tracking of NCAA Corporate Champions and Partner’s activation expenses and invoice management.
10. Fulfill branding and ancillary event support related to assigned sport championships, when necessary, on behalf of the Branding and Fan Experience staff.
11. Support associate director’s strategic planning for creative content development and operational process improvement for the NCAA’s 89 championships.
1. Bachelor’s degree.
2. Minimum of three to five years (professional/full time) in the areas of in-venue production, presentation, brand and sponsorship activation, marketing, communications, intercollegiate athletics and/or related field required.
3. Strong writing and editing skills.
4. Strong organizational and interpersonal communication skills.
5. Demonstrated ability to thrive in a team environment.
6. Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously.
7. Demonstrated ability to work self-directed and provide leadership in areas of responsibility.
8. Willingness to travel by air or car, sometimes with short notice.
1. Master’s degree.
2. Program/project management experience.
3. Experience working with consultants and/or external agencies.
4. Special event coordination/production experience desired.
5. Knowledge and understanding of the Association’s structure and function desired.
1. NCAA Championships and Alliances staff daily.
2. Van Wagner Big Screen Network, Turner Sports, Sport Graphics, Pyrotecnico and other third-party business partners, suppliers and vendors daily.
3. NCAA accounting department bi-weekly.
4. NCAA social media department bi-weekly.
5. Local organizing committees/host institutions frequently.
6. NCAA sport committees occasionally.
National Collegiate Athletic Association - 9 months ago